Thursday, August 11, 2016

Celebrate Son and Daughter Day

According to checkiday,com, today is Son and Daughter Day, a day to spend with your son or daughter. No presents, please. It's not a day of gift giving--except for the gift of time.

I don't have particular plans with my son or daughter today. But my son and I volunteered together at our church's semiannual book sale this past weekend. And my daughter, granddaughter, and I plan to go shopping together--something we haven't done in a long time--at Lee Premium Outlets this Saturday.

I'm fortunate to have both of my children (and grandchildren) close by. Do you have plans with your children this week?
 

Josh Donnelly, the hero of my August Love Inspired Romance doesn't have many fond memories of doing things with his alcoholic father. And when Dad returns out of the blue seven years after abandoning his family, Josh isn't keen on creating any new memories with him.
 
by Jean C. Gordon
FALLING FOR THE BACHELOR
Tessa Hamilton never imagined the hardest part of having her best friend help renovate her small-town movie theater would be keeping her heart safe. She can't fall for a man who has no interest in a serious relationship with any woman…and who doesn't know the secret she hides. Besides, Josh Donnelly is too eager to leave Paradox Lake—especially when his estranged father returns. Tessa struggles with the turmoil, but as she falls deeper for the bachelor, she knows she must be honest if there's any chance for them. But will telling Josh put everything at risk—including their friendship?


Sign up for my Reader Newsletter HERE for advance notice of all my releases.







4 comments:

  1. Good morning, Jean.

    I love these random days to celebrate. Some are silly, but they are also a sweet reminder to take the time to celebrate the big and little things in our lives that we often take for granted whether it's a pet, an ice cream cone, or like today, a child.

    My daughter is helping my husband at work today because of the intense heat here. My other daughter and I will have dinner together tonight. I guess within the family, we've got the day covered.

    Hope you and your daughter have fun at the outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised Hallmark hasn't jumped on this one.

    I just sent the Mikester off to school. Tonight we'll play video games together and maybe I can guilt him into walking HIS dog with me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm letting my youngest have a date night with her boyfriend and am watching my Boo. I never know what we'll end up doing together, but he has such a bright imagination for a five year old.

    Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for letting us know what today is. I didn't know. I have both grown children home right now so we'll be together off and on all day. I love spending time with my kids. They are amazing and fabulous. Of course I'm a biased. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive