Saturday, August 13, 2016

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: Make-Believe Beau by Keli Gwyn





Interview:
How exciting to have Jessica Sinclair, the heroine from Make-Believe Beau by Keli Gwyn, an August 2016 release from Love Inspired Historical, pay us a visit.

1. Jessie, tell us the most interesting thing about you.

I’m a draftswoman. There aren’t many women working in this field, so I tend to draw attention. I don’t mean to. I’m just trying to do my job, but when a woman walks into an all-male engineering office, heads turn. That fact has caused some problems at my current position. The manager has forced me to feign a relationship with my boss—or lose my job. Although Flynt Kavanaugh is a handsome, talented engineer, I’m not happy about this arrangement.

2. What do you do for fun?

I love to sing. I don’t do it as much as I used to, though because— No. I prefer not to talk about that time in my life. Suffice it to say that I limit myself to singing hymns in church these days.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

I dread anyone asking about my past and having to answer their questions. I’ve done things I’d rather no one found out about, especially Flynt.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

I’m afraid that if people were to learn what I did, they wouldn’t understand and I would lose their trust.

5. What do you want out of life?

I want to be a successful draftswoman who can hold her head high.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

Respect. I want people to see me for who I am today and accept me.

7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I’m not sure I could change anything. Circumstances forced me to make certain decisions when I was young. I hadn’t found my way to the Lord yet, so I didn’t know He was there for me. But He is now, and I seek His guidance when I have choices to make.

8. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it, and why that pet?

I don’t have a pet. I wish I could, but as a single woman who must support herself, I don’t feel it would be fair to leave an animal alone all day.

9. Can you tell us an interesting tidbit about the time period you live in?

I’m fascinated by the many advancements being made. I’m helping design the El Dorado Canal, which will bring much-needed water from lakes high in the Sierras to the Foothills below. It’s one of California’s most ambitious undertakings, and I’m privileged to be part of it.

4 comments:

  1. The moment I saw this cover I knew it was special. Your interview was intriguing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've set this book in the area where I grew up, in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Such a pretty part of the country. I still have family there and go back occasionally. My first Love Inspired romance was set in Columbia and Sonora. Great interview! And I love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Pamela. The Love Inspired art department does such a good job with our covers, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, I didn't realize you'd grown up in the Sierra Foothills. How cool that you set your debut LI in Colombia and Sonora. I love Colombia and the history there.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive