Saturday, January 21, 2017

20 years and counting

Hi Terri Reed here, did you know Love Inspired was celebrating 20 years! Click on this link for more details:  http://bit.ly/2jcBi0v 
Save 20% off any Love Inspired, Love Inspired Historical or Love Inspired Suspense title with code LINSP20**.**Get 20% off any Love Inspired, Love Inspired Historical or Love Inspired Suspense title, print and ebook. One-time use only. Valid from June 1, 2016–February 28, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. ET.


I remember when I first heard about the Love Inspired line.  I was so excited. I thought this might be the perfect fit for me. The year was 1996 and Harlequin announced the new series line at an Romance Writers of America conference. My first conference!  I prayed then and there that God would allow me to one day write for them. I also knew that I had to do my part in making that dream come true. Determination is a powerful thing. I learned everything I could about Love Inspired and about writing in general, but specifically for Harlequin, over the next seven years and finally sold a book to Love Inspired in 2003 titled Love Comes Home.  My second book with Love Inspired, A Sheltering Love, was a Romance Writers of America RITA finalist.
Both books were released in a special classic edition in 2009.


Fall in love again with these uplifting stories from Terri Reed
LOVE COMES HOME
Twelve years ago, Dr. Rachel Maguire followed her faith into medicine, choosing her career over love. But time never diminished her feelings for Josh Taylor, and now God is giving Rachel another chance--if she can overcome the pain of the past.
A SHELTERING LOVE
With her faith as strong as her shoulders, Claire Wilcox opens a shelter for runaways. But it's her mysterious handyman who causes her sleepless nights. As their attraction grows, Nick Andrews must decide if he can trust in God's power to heal.
http://www.harlequin.com/storeitem.html?iid=41079


Since that first sale to Love Inspired I've written over forty books.  In 2007 I began writing mainly for the Love Inspired Suspense line.  It's crazy to me that so much time has passed since that first conference but it has been a joy-filled journey of doing what I love.  I thank God every day for his blessing and I pray that readers of the Love Inspired lines are blessed by our stories.
Happy New Year and may 2017 be filled with good books and many blessings.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 40 books, Terri!

    One of the LI editors spoke at a Georgia Romance Writers meeting I attended some years ago. She announced that the suspense line was growing from two to four books a months, and she was interested in acquiring new authors. I pitched a story idea I had been working on, and she said to submit the manuscript once it was finished. The story sold and Nowhere to Hide, my debut, was released in 2007! I love writing for Love Inspired and love my editor. Truly my writing dreams have come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri,
    I don't think I've read A Sheltering Love. I'm trying to remember. I'm gonna go dig through my books and see if I have it.
    Love reading the history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to go check these books out! I think it's interesting to hear author's journeys as to how they got published. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great, Terri. I remember when I first met you and I think it was in 1996 or a year or so later. I knew you'd write for Love Inspired one day. You have a special place in my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debby, that's great. Conferences are such a wise investment.
    Thanks Pam!
    Sally, thank you for stopping in today.
    Lenora I think we met at that conference. You've always been an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I rededicated my life to Christ in February of 1996, I prayed and asked God to supply me with quality contemporary Christian romances. That September, the first Love Inspired novels appeared on shelves. I bought them every month for years. When I signed with my agent, I told her my first novel *had* to be published by Love Inspired...full circle. I'm so thankful God answered my prayer 20 years ago, and then opened doors for my publishing dream to come true six years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive