Thursday, May 10, 2018

Laura Scott's Crazy Life!





Happy Spring everyone! 


I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed these days because I have a book deadline, my son just graduated from nursing school as a Registered Nurse and my daughter is getting married in August! So between graduations, work, bridal showers and other wedding plans (oh, by the way, did I mention I don't have a mother of the bride dress yet?) I can't tell you what day it is much less what I'm supposed to be doing. The days are going by so fast and before I know it, summer (and the wedding) will be over!

I've already started off on the wrong foot with my soon-to-be-in-laws. I'm calling this "The Stamp Snafu".

I offered to help with my daughter's bridal shower invitations and the envelopes came with the back flap along the short side of the envelope so that you put the invitation in the tall way, not the normal horizontal way most envelopes are. Not thinking much about it, I addressed them to the Collins side of the family, and put stamps on them. I only had enough stamps for half the invitations but I wanted to get the ones for the Collins in the mail (we were already a bit behind) so I stuck them in the post office mail slot and the next day went in to buy more stamps to mail the remaining invitations to my side of the family. That's when I found out that mailing the envelopes the tall way adds postage. Who knew? Instead of the normal $0.49 for a stamp, the cost was really $1. The helpful man at the post office told me that the envelopes I already mailed will arrive at each of the places I sent them with 0.49 postage due! Seriously? I felt sick to my stomach. I can only imagine what they will think of me.

I'm sure this is only the first speed bump in the road that I'll have along the way...but let's hope the others are just as goofy and nothing major. Prayers requested!

So tell me, have any of you experienced these types of problems during planning a wedding? Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Since I'm here to celebrate my May release, Primary Suspect, I'm offering a free book from those of you who comment. I promise it won't arrive postage due! Primary Suspect is the fifth book in my Callahan Confidential Series and I'm so thankful that you as readers seem to love the Callahan clan as much as I do.

Thanks for stopping by,

Laura Scott

14 comments:

  1. Congrats to your son on his nursing degree! Such a wonderful field. I know doors will open for him!

    You're a MOB! (Mother of the bride.) That's a tough job...exciting and fun but filled with challenges. So sorry about the envelope problem. Hubby once helped me place stamps on postcards I was mailing for a local book signing. Somehow the stamps got on the wrong corner and the PO wouldn't deliver them. UGH!

    My advice? Plan a short getaway for you and hubby after the wedding so you can relax and unwind. :)

    Laura, I don't know how you work full-time and also write so many wonderful stories. You're amazing. Now you have the wedding deadline on top of a book deadline. Oh my! You're in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Debby. I might need that weekend away after the wedding, great idea! We are so excited, but there is a level of stress involved. Thanks for the prayers, I need them!

      Delete
  2. LOL, Laura.....will be praying for you! And I want to win your book so bad..I would be willing to pay postage! Thanks for your giveaway! I am loving the Callahan stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie, your comment made me smile! I'm so thrilled you're enjoying my Callahan series!

      Delete
  3. Lots of wonderful things happening in your life, but they can be stressful as well. Saying a little prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! That sounds like something I would do, and it's totally understandable. Prayers that everything falls together and you can relax and enjoy the big day. Congratulations on your new book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard with all the changes in postage. I have to double check cards because if they are oversized ,it costs more. I did it with a birthday card. A lot going on .I agree with Debbie that you and your husband need to plan a getaway after the wedding. Your son as well as his proud parents must be happy that he has reached that goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And the winner is Jackie! Will you please go to my website at www.laurascottbooks.com to send me your address? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the new book. You do have a lot on your plate. So praying for everything to settle down and work out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the book and prayers with all the things happening in your life. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I married into an Italian family over 30 years ago. People kept saying it was my wedding and I could have things my way but I couldn't. I was told that certain things were expected and I had to do it that way instead. I made myself very unhappy by worrying and feeling misunderstood and forced into the "expected way". My advice -- things usually turn out o.k. in the end and it isn't worth the angst.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive