Monday, March 4, 2019

NEVER GIVE UP

NEVER GIVE UP! by Valerie Hansen

 
I know how tough life can get sometimes. I have the T-shirt! What I have to keep telling myself and what the Lord keeps trying to teach me, is to persevere. To stick to it. To trust His wisdom rather than obsess over events I can't control. There. I've said it. Now all I have to do is put it into practice! :)
 
Which brings me right back to the title of this little post.

One particularly trying day I came across a card in my desk drawer. I don't recall receiving it but I'm pretty sure it came from a reader. Noticing it when I did was definitely a God-incidence. I don't believe in coincidences, especially where faith is concerned. It read, "Good morning! This is God. I will be handling all your problems today so you won't have to. Have a great day." And just like that, one little piece of paper reduced me to grateful tears. It's easy to get caught up in the cares of the day and forget to look at the bigger picture. I woke up that morning. I was given the gift of another day.

 
When I need a meme or a picture to post I almost never have to go to the internet to search. I collect them. If they speak to me, I click and save to special files. Sometimes I even surprise myself!
 
 
And I have an active sense of humor, so many speak to that side of me, too. That, and animals, particularly dogs. I read a tip once that an author should read her work to her dog to see how it sounded. I never got very far with that because my critters nodded off! :)
 
At night, the little one uses me for a pillow. It's only fair that during the day she becomes someone else's pillow.

An added blessing is being involved in writing for Love Inspired. I'm doing mostly suspense now but my whole backlist is digitized so it's available. In the "good old days" that wasn't so and was terribly frustrating. So, another blessing. And many titles from the past are being reprinted as special double editions, etc. They always say so on the cover, in fine print, so never be afraid to pick up
one you may have missed the first time around.
 
I guess it's time to hop off my soapbox before I tumble but this subject had been on my mind a lot lately so I've shared it.
May you see all the special blessings in your daily walk with God.
 

 



4 comments:

  1. Great post, Val. Wise words. God is amazing, isn't He? I love your memes. You always post them when I seem to need them. And you pups are sooo cute. I love how they sleep together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Valerie! I especially enjoyed your card from God. He does have control of everything, including our problems. Wonder why we continue to fret?

    Adorable pups! Congrats on your successful writing career!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post. I agree with Charley Brown and Peanuts, the best way to end the day is with a grateful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post, Val. I really needed this now. I love the idea of turning all of our problems over to God and his divine wisdom. And thanks for the reminder to end the day with a grateful heart.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive