Monday, March 18, 2019

What Good We Know


"What do you know good?"
This is a old-time folksy greeting down here in Georgia. When you're settling down for a chat, the other person often poses this question.  It's the best sort of invitation. It means--tell me the good you have in your life right now. Share some happy news you've heard. Lift my spirits. Make me smile.
I love this, don't you?  And I think we need more of this--lots more of it--in our world today. We need an extra dash of goodness everywhere--in our conversations, on our television and computer screens.
And most definitely in our books!
We writers are often told "Write what you know." I took that to heart--which is why my books brim over with small towns, farms, goats, chickens and milk cows! Those are some of the many good things that make up my world, and I dearly love sharing them with others.

So what do I know good today? Let's see...

I know sometimes it's kind of fun to play with your food!
I know age brings its own unique beauty.
I know the rainy days we experience bless us with their own special sort of loveliness.
I know the smell of freshly baked bread brings a family running to the kitchen.
I know that curiosity can be the doorway to some really fun adventures.
I know that beauty is found in humble places--if you take the time to look for it.














Now it's your turn! What do you know good, sweet friends? Share the glimmers of joy you see sparkling around you today, and let's make each other's lives just a little brighter! 


   Don't miss my newest Love Inspired romance set in Pine Valley, Georgia! Hometown Hope releases in June 2019! 



12 comments:

  1. Love this, Laurel! Finding good in our day can be a challenge, but it's there, just waiting to be found. Perfect start to a Monday morning. Your book cover is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I love that cover!! Yes, we need a little more of the good stuff on Monday, don't we?? More good, and more coffee...

      Delete
  2. Here in Texas we use that phrase as well. Its a great conversation starter. Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures. Love them. What do I know good this morning? I know I was able to get up out of bed. God is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mary! More proof that I need to visit Texas! So glad you are up and going today! And yes--God is so good!!

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful post, Laurel. Sometimes, I need to turn off the TV (or worse, Twitter) and go outside and just listen to what's going on here, right now. And give thanks for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evelyn, you and me both! My time-eater is usually Facebook instead of Twitter, but same issue! Taking time to connect with the world around me is definitely something I want to prioritize!

      Delete
  4. Love the "good" phrase...but have never heard it before. And I live in the South! Go figure!

    Today the flowering trees are in full bloom, the sun is shining and the sky is blue! My spirit is praising God for the majesty of His creation!

    Your next cover is a grabber! Can't wait to read. Did you suggest the pose to the Art Department? They are so...GOOD! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, that's so funny! Of course, when I married my husband, his family used many expressions I'd never heard before--so maybe it just depends on the people you're talking with? And yes, what a beautiful, beautiful day we're enjoying today! Takes my breath away!
      I love that cover, too. And no, I didn't suggest it--I didn't think they would allow an indoor scene. But I think it is just perfect--they always do such beautiful work!

      Delete
  5. Hey Laurel! I love your post. The pics are amazing! I love all the good things that make up your world. Congratulations on your new book...sweet, sweet cover. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I give you credit for the idea, my friend! I bet you will be taking some wonderful pictures on your trip--hope you will share them in a post soon!

      Delete
  6. I don’t know much but I do know what I do know. Good post!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive