Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thursday Sisterhood with Lacy Williams


Family Status: married; three kids under age 5! 

What Is Your Favorite Beverage: chocolate milkshake. Little known tidbit: I don't like any kind of carbonated beverage. I don't like the taste of the carbonation and never have!

What Is Your Favorite Food: I love a good steak, also love seafood and Italian and Mexican... yeah, I love to eat. It's not as much fun now that I've got three kids behind me and the metabolism I had in my twenties is loooong gone!

What Is Your Favorite Thing to do During Free Time: Read. I have so little free time right now between the kids and writing that I haven't been reading as much as I want to. 

Who Has Been the Most Influential Person in Your Life: Probably my dad. He's been the most courageous example and I'm so proud of him!

First Book You Fell in Love With: Anne of Green Gables. I read it when I was about 10 and had the chicken pox. I had a three-book omnibus (thank you, Grandma!) and read through the whole thing while stuck in bed and itchy.

A Book You Wish You’d Written: I have a lot still percolating. So many ideas and so little time... The main one I want to write is a teenage cowboy romance (young adult). Rodeo, baby!

First Book Published: Marrying Miss Marshal, August 2011. A fun story about a woman marshal in the Wild West.

Most Recent Book: Kissed by a Cowboy, self-published in the Inspy Kisses "First Kisses" collection.

Out Next: The Wrangler's Inconvenient Wife (August 2014)

How Many Have You Written: 10+. Enough that I have to sit down and count them. :) 

What Do You Know Now That You Wish You’d Known Then: That writing is a really hard career to do part-time. With the kiddos, part-time is about all I can give to it, and there is so much that never gets done... marketing, social media, growing a platform... but at least I get the stories out. :)

What is Your Favorite Bible Story: Ruth and Boaz.

What is Your Favorite Bible Verse: Psalm 27:14

What is Your Favorite Hymn: I love "Blessed Be Your Name". It's newer and contemporary but I love the message. 

What is an Ongoing Prayer Request You Have: My sister, who deals with a chronic illness.


15 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, Lacy! I cannot imagine writing 10+ books with three children under 5 years old. Wow! You go, girl! Have an extra chocolate milkshake. Make that two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!It's so fun to learn about other authors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacy, It's been so cool to watch your career and family grow. I remember when you first came to the WIN meetings, so wide-eyed and eager to learn about writing. I'm glad I can say I knew you when...
    And I LOVE your books. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lacy, you are an amazing writer and I think you are going to go far in this business. You have such a vision. Love learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview, Lacy! I still don't know how you get so much done with all you have going on--and you do it all so well!
    Very proud of you and love watching your writing career grow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lacy,
    So glad you're here with the Craftie ladies! Loved learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy these Thursday posts and learning more about you ladies! :)
    Lacy, you must be super organized to get so much writing done with 3 very young children--Wow!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings from Georgia, Patti Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lacy, it was so nice to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to know you, Lacy. With little ones, you write when you can. And it's a balancing act. Congrats on your good job juggling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember the days of 3 children 3 and under. Enjoy! They grow up so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to hear from you Lacy! You're a marvel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are really great! I loved learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun to read about you, Lacy. Thanks for sharing part of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're an inspiration, Lacy! Kudos to you on juggling motherhood, housework, writing, promotion and all the rest. I wish you special times of reading tucked into your full schedule.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive