Monday, July 27, 2009

Celebrating Each Other Whole-Heartedly





Janet Tronstad here. When I think of celebrating at this time of year, I think of all the writing awards we writers receive. I have to say I am never prouder to be part of the Steeple Hill family than when award time rolls around. No matter who wins, everyone celebrates with a gusto that cheers the winner on. I have never heard any back-biting comments like 'she didn't deserve it' or 'what were they thinking?' -- This attitude makes winning and losing both easier.




I remember growing up how we all loved to have a contest -- a spelling bee or a baseball game, we all wanted to win. I learned early on that I won some (usually the spelling bee) and lost some (any kind of sports) so I learned to both win and lose with some measure of grace. I think of track meets and entries at the state fair. I remember winning an essay contest once with a $50 prize and feeling rich (I think I was in the seventh grade at the time and that was a lot of money to me). What are some of the wins -- and losses-- that you remember growing up?

2 comments:

  1. This brings to mind the saying "It doesn't matter if you win or lose but how you play the game." The reason I remember this is because it was my father's favorite saying anytime we (my two brothers and myself) enter any kind of contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen Too -- Your father was a wise man. I remember, too, when I was an unpublished writer hearing a published writer say there was no reason to be jealous in writing as someone was always better than you and worse than you -- the only one you needed to worry about was yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive