Sunday, August 14, 2011

At Home In His Heart Interview

How exciting to have BRYCE HARDING with us here today---the hero from “AT HOME IN HIS HEART by Glynna Kaye, an August 2011 release from Love Inspired Romance.

1. Bryce, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

Trey Kenton from February 2011’s “Second Chance Courtship” warned me about these nosy questions . . . so I tried to get that lovely lady Sandi Bradshaw to do this interview instead. But she says that as a “tough guy” ex-army sergeant I need to step out of my comfort zone and up to the plate. Have I mentioned that she can be a bit bossy?

Most interesting thing about me…hmm. I guess I consider myself somewhat of a competent handyman. Given the right tools and enough time, I can fix almost anything---except messed up relationships.

2. What do you do for fun?

Fishing. Fishing. And fishing. I like riding my bike, too. And taking hand-in-hand walks along starlit, deserted mountain roads with a certain special lady.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

Oh, man. Who told you about that? Living in a small town again is going to take some getting used to. Okay, I admit Grandma Mae’s on my case because I’m putting off telling Sandi something about that veteran’s memorial she has her heart set on. But if you knew Sandi---and our history---you wouldn’t want to be in my shoes when I deliver the news.

4. What are you most afraid of in life?

During my years in the army I saw a lot of things no one should ever have to see or experience, faced a lot of fears---but I think what scares me most now is I suspect I’m falling in love with my best friend’s widow. Yeah, the woman who knows I tried to talk my buddy out of marrying her.

5. What do you want out of life?

No regrets. I want to live life from now on in such a way that when I’m on my deathbed I’m not consumed by remorse over things I should or shouldn’t have done.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

Being God’s man. And maybe Sandi’s, too?

7. Do you read books?

I heard this is a trick question. Like an ambush. All these readers and writers staring at you and daring you to say “no.” So, yeah, I read books. I’ve always been interested in national and world events, but I’m getting interested in regional, local and family history now. Don’t tell Sandi or she’ll take credit for it.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I should probably shave so I’d look more like the clean-cut dude on the book cover. Seriously, though, I need to not be so quick to judge, to make assumptions, to think I have the motivations of others all figured out and neatly boxed up. We don’t know as much about what makes other people tick as we like to think we do.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

No pets for now. No room in Grandma’s little apartment above the historical society museum. But I like dogs---and I think Sandi’s cute daughter does, too---so who knows what the future may hold?

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I’d go back a few years before my buddy was killed in action. Get myself right with God so Keith would know his prayers were answered.

Glynna will give away a book to one commenter. Please leave an email address for her to contact you.

Glynna Kaye’s first published book, “Dreaming of Home,” was a finalist in the 2010 ACFW “Carol Award” as well as first place winner of the 2010 “Booksellers Best” and “Beacon” awards. Then came "Second Chance Courtship” (February 2011) and “At Home In His Heart” (August 2011). "High Country Hearts," a fourth story set in the mountain country of Canyon Springs, Arizona, debuts in March 2012. Visit www.glynnakaye.com, www.loveinspiredauthors.com, and www.seekerville.blogspot.com.


Finding Her Way Home. From the moment she got married and settled in her husband’s hometown, Sandi Bradshaw wanted nothing more than to move out of Canyon Springs, Arizona. Then everything changed when her military husband was killed. Now, establishing a veteran’s memorial for him has brought Sandi and her daughter face-to-face with the man who’d stood in the way of her marriage. Ex-army sergeant Bryce Harding has a lot to prove to this same hometown crowd—and the very stubborn Sandi. But can they embrace the possibility that God might be giving them both a second chance at love?

7 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds like my type of book.....look forward to reading it! Thanks!!

    jackie.smith[at]dishmail[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you got me intrigued. Bryce sounds like a decent man who now has himself together now that he has found God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cant wait to read this book. I have read Glynna's other books and loved them and really want to read this one too.
    loved the interview. makes me want to know even more.
    please enter me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a great review/posting...thanks for the chance to read this novel :)

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you all stopped by! It does look like a fabulous book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bryce:

    I’d love to know what kind of beard you have. Also is that you on the cover of the book or is that Keith? Enjoyed your story. Thanks for your service.

    Vince

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I've been out of the loop this week--business travel. Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at Bryce's interview!

    Vince -- So you noticed our hero's close-cropped, neatly clipped beard magically disappeared on the cover? Bryce took one look at it and said "hey, who's that man with Sandi?" :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive