Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Visit with Author Friends


Hi, this is Margaret Daley. Last week I got a chance to drive up to Joplin to meet some other authors for lunch. It was a great break from writing to talk about writing and whatever came to our minds (scary, isn't that). We had so much fun laughing and getting to know each other better. The bonus in going was I also got to brainstorm with Vickie McDonough, a good friend. The people in the above picture are Lissa Johnson, Cheryl Hodde (Hannah Alexander), Lori Copeland, Vickie McDonough, myself and Jenny Jones.

The reason we met in Joplin was it was the most center location for us. While I was there, Vickie and I saw the devastation from the tornado a couple of months ago. Very sobering to see whole areas leveled, some of the debris still there. My prayers continue to go out to the people of Joplin, who will be dealing with this disaster for a long time.

3 comments:

  1. 'Iron sharpeneth iron, so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friends (I hope I quoted dat aright!)
    It's really good to rub minds together especially as professionals. Wish I were there, I would have learnt a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you ladies had fun! What a great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Olufisayo and Karen. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive