Saturday, March 30, 2013

His Mountain Miss Interview with Lucian Beaumont



How exciting to have Lucian Beaumont, the hero from His Mountain Miss written by Karen Kirst, an April 2013 release from Love Inspired Romance .

Lucian, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I suppose to these simple mountain folks, my French accent.  I’m from New Orleans, and my father and I converse only in French.  It’s not unusual for an odd word or two to slip into my conversation. Another thing is the formality of my clothing. The men here in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, are mostly farmers, so they don’t put a lot of emphasis on clothing.  I don’t think they’ve ever seen a cravat before.  Imagine. 

What do you do for fun?
This may sound strange, but I like to work with my hands.  Get dirty.  My life is dominated by social engagements, formal dinners and balls, so whenever I get a chance, I retreat to my country estate and work in the fields alongside my staff.

What do you put off doing because you dread it?
My beloved mother died a year ago, and I’ve avoided dealing with my loss.  I can’t seem to bring myself to grieve.

What are you afraid of most in life?
I’m afraid that if I give in to these terrible emotions-sorrow, disappointment, disillusionment-that I won’t survive.  So I bury it all, hoping I can ignore it.

What do you want out of life?
That’s not something I’m prepared to answer right now.  For a long time, I thought I wanted what was expected of me-to helm my family’s shipping empire and to marry for duty and social connections.  But this backwoods town-with its slower pace and down-to-earth, kind mountain folks-is growing on me, as is one particularly lovely young lady, Megan O’Malley. 

What is the most important thing to you?
Right now, surviving each day.  Not only am I dealing with my mother’s death, but a devastating betrayal and the long-held belief that my estranged grandfather wanted nothing to do with me.  My time here in Gatlinburg is revealing difficult truths about my family.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I could use an extra dose of courage right about now.


Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
My horse, D’Artagnan, named after a character in The Three Musketeers.  I was   impressed that Megan immediately recognized the name.  Of course, she’s a book lover like me, so I shouldn’t be surprised. 


          
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive