Saturday, September 12, 2015

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: The Protector's Mission by Margaret Daley



DEADLY EXPLOSION 
Lydia McKenzie is the only living witness to a serial bomber's latest threat. Surviving the explosion at the café, Lydia is rescued by police sergeant Jesse Hunt and his K-9 partner, a Rottweiler named Brutus. She's struggling to remember details of the incident. But one thing she'll never forget is how she once felt about Jesse—the high school sweetheart she left to marry another. In charge of her protection, the guarded cop believes the bomber's after her, and he promises to keep her safe. But as more of Lydia's memories return, the more the vicious killer wants her dead. 
Alaskan Search and Rescue: Risking their lives to save the day



Interview:
Today we're welcoming Jesse Hunt, the hero of The Protector’s Mission, written by Margaret, a September 2015 by Love Inspired Suspense. 

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.   
1.  Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. 
I’m a sergeant on the Anchorage Police Department in the K-9 unit. Brutus, my Rottweiler, is cross trained to search for bombs. In the opening the serial bomber struck again. Not only did I search for a second bomb with Brutus, but we also helped with rescuing the injured under the rubble.
2.  So, during the book you met Lydia.  Tell us a bit about her.  What was your first impression?  When did you know it was love? Lydia and I were high school sweethearts, so we knew each other but years ago parted in a big misunderstanding. My first impression was Lydia was severely injured and might die. I knew I was still in love with her when the bomber came after her and threatened her life. I didn’t want to lose her a second time.  
3.  What strengths/skills do you have?  What is your greatest weakness? I’m dedicated to my job. I’m good at what I do as a canine officer as well as when I volunteer with the Northern Frontier Search and Rescue.          
4.  What scares you? Caves, dark tight places.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Dwelling in the past and not letting it go. Forgive and forget.
6.  Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? I believe but at times I question the evil in this world. It’s hard to be a police officer and not have my doubts sometimes.   
7.  Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? Through this difficult time, my faith grew as I became more dependent on the Lord.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story.  Tell us why this scripture is significant. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Psalms 46:1
This is one of my favorite verses. Even when things are going really badly, God is there for us.
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? Anything chocolate. Nothing beats it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive