Monday, September 24, 2018

Fall is in the Air by Belle Calhoune



I love Fall.  I love the smell of the crisp cool air and the fall foliage that turns pretty shades of red,

orange, yellow and brown.  As a New Englander, I love going apple and pumpkin picking, enjoying

a hearty bowl of soup and curling up in a love seat with a good book and a warm blanket.  I don't

particularly love football, but it makes me happy to see my husband and my daughter so ecstatic

about it.  I've promised my daughter that we'll go to a New England Patriot's game this season.   Go

Pats!  And while they're watching football I can dig into a juicy novel or I can sit with them and

brainstorm a book.





Everyone in my family eagerly anticipates Fall.  All of our birthdays are in September, October and

November, which makes this season all the sweeter.  Once I see pumpkins for sale, that sets the tone

for Autumn bliss.




Everywhere I go these days, I'm surrounded by pumpkin-flavored food items.  This trend has

definitely kicked into high gear.  I'm not complaining because I love pumpkin flavored treats.


Pumpkin flavored Oreos.  Pumpkin oatmeal.  Pumpkin cookies.  Pumpkin spice coffee.  And my

personal favorite, Pumpkin donuts.  So yummy! I do draw the line at pumpkin yogurt though.  Not

my cup of tea!











Apple picking and peach picking a few weeks ago yielded these gorgeous apple tarts made by my

teenaged daughter.  She just turned 16 and is enjoying making new recipes and turning apples into

tarts.  It brought me back to my childhood and the apple treats my mother used to bake for us.





I love fall most of all because I believe it's a season ripe with new beginnings.  As summer wanes,

all the possibilities are laid out before us.  For me, it feels as if anything is possible as kids go back to

school and my house becomes a little quieter.  As writers, we can touch more hearts with each and

every book we write.  We can soar to greater heights in our craft.  We can achieve more of our

writing dreams by stretching ourselves and creating more.




My new release "Forever and a Day" (Book 5 in Seven Brides Seven Brothers Pelican Bay series) even has a Fall-like cover.   This was a happy coincidence,

since when I picked the image for the cover I had no idea it would be a September release.



What are your favorite things about Fall?  Any other pumpkin lovers out there?

12 comments:

  1. Belle, Fall is my favorite time of the year as well. I love the cooler temperatures as well as the beautiful fall foliage. It just kind of gets you in the mood for the upcoming holidays. Love your cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Mary. Fall is so beautiful here in New England with the wonderful foliage. I belong to a family who actually embraces the end of summer because it means Fall is coming. And you're so right. It does get us ready for the holidays. We all just need to savor it. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover, Belle, and all your fall pics! It's still hot in GA so I'm waiting to buy by front porch pumpkin. If I buy too early, it rots in the hot sun! UGH! But I do like seeing all the fall decorations and am eagerly awaiting the cool fall temps...as soon as we get through this 90 degree heatwave! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debby! Thanks. I am so blessed to have a great cover artist who realizes my vision. I've been hearing about your Georgia weather. It's so funny because it truly feels like Fall here...no more shorts and tanks. I love pumpkins but it is annoying how squirrels in our yard really go to town on them. Blessings.

      Delete
  4. Belle, beautiful book cover! Yes, I enjoy pumpkin flavored foods this time of year.
    As Debby G. said, it is still not cool in GA......maybe soon?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie! Thanks for the compliment on the cover. It really fits in with Fall. In many ways you folks are lucky who live in Georgia because you can still enjoy a swim in the pool. I love swimming so that makes me a bit jealous. I'm guessing in a few weeks you will have cooler weather.

      Delete
  5. I love Fall. The colors, scents and cool weather. We leave the 100s in our review mirror in Texas. One of the things I've always wanted to do was go to New England in the Fall. Not much color in Texas. Where would be the place to go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jolene. New England is really gorgeous in the fall. I grew up in Massachusetts so I'm partial to the fall foliage there. New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island and Vermont all have leaves that turn beautiful colors. If you ever get the chance, go to Walden Pond in Massachusetts. It's so beautiful there in the fall. Thoreau wrote about it and how glorious it was.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm an October birthday! I love Fall and all the scarecrows, pumpkins, and windy weather that comes with it.
    Hmmm, go Cardinals LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pamela! I love October birthdays! My husband is the tenth and my daughter is the 29th! Such a great time of year to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive