Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Day in the Life of a Writer :)

Missy Tippens, here. What do you think a day in the life of a writer would look like?

Well, for me, it's a bit like this photo. Me, working with my laptop in my lap while sitting on the family room couch--with my dog sitting at (or on top of!) my feet. :)

I usually have books and papers scattered all around me. My cell phone nearby for quickly checking email without facing the temptation of getting online on my computer. A cup of coffee on the table. Pens, pencils and highlighters also on the coffee table. My work-in-progress notebook at the end of the couch in case I need to look something up, like the color of a character's hair or the name of a secondary character. Or goodness, sometimes I even have to look up the color of my hero's eyes or the name of his father! :)

Yesterday on one of my group blogs that's geared for writers, Seekerville, Tina Radcliffe shared this really cute video about a day in the life of a writer. I hope you'll check it out and enjoy! Click here.

Now, what would you say is your dream work setting?

6 comments:

  1. Very innovative.
    Of course, I'm thinking. Who has time to sit in front of the television? Then, too, if I sat cross-legged on the floor, I'd soon have a five year old wanting to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, a bit of that video was pretty comical, because we'd never get a book written if we did it that way. :)

    I really cracked up when she fell asleep. I've been known to do that! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. the best part was the snap of all the crumpled paper around her laptop! FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Lyn, that looked all too familiar. :) Only, mine is more like little sticky notes with ideas jotted on them crumpled and thrown around me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect spot for me is anywhere there is peace and quiet and room for my laptop and notebook.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive