Monday, June 14, 2010

The Orphan of My Youth

This is Janet Tronstad here, pondering the past, the future and all that lies between. I just heard that the comic strip Little Orphan Annie will end. I remember her from my childhood and while the busyness of life has come between us since then, I recall her fondly -- this little red-haired girl who was forever spunky in the midst of homelessness, poverty, and other hardships of life. She was quite a role model for us all. I sometimes wonder if it was simple stories like Annie's that made me want to be a happily-ever-after kind of a writer. I want people to smile when they've read my books and think that maybe life isn't so bad after all. I know life can be cruel and that things don't always end happily, but I prefer to focus on stories where that does happen. How about you? Are you a happily-ever-after person, too?

1 comment:

  1. Sorry everyone about the weird post above. We'll work on getting it taken down.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive