Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It was a dark and stormy night....

This last week or so has been a whirlwind of activity.  Things that had to be done in a timely manner with my writing.  Done.  Catching up at work after being away on vacation--done.  Mostly, anyway, but as someone once said, "tomorrow is another day!"  :)
And today, I've been bustling about the house getting ready for company--fellow author Lyn Cote and her husband.  Two of my favorite people!  All things to keep me running, focused on my to-do lists.  And then...in the midst of all my bustling this week, a storm hit.  The weather here is the Midwest has been unstable for weeks and weeks--heavy rains, powerful storms.  A cycle that is supposed to bring damaging winds and heavy rains again tonight, and after today's heat and humidity, it's no surprise.  But the storm I wanted to mention was the one that made me stop in wonder, for when the clouds broke just before sunset, the sky was so incredible that I just had to stare in awe.  Suddenly, all the little concerns, the to-do list, just seemed so inconsequential in comparison to  God's absolute glory unfolding across the sky!  I grabbed a camera and ran, hoping to capture a bit of it.  I've never seen colors like this before!

Roxanne Rustand
http://roxannerustand.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. Roxanne -- I'm glad you'll get to visit with Lyn some. I know she was disappointed that RWA wasn't in Nashville where she could attend. Hopefully, this makes up for some of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The change to Orlando led to a number of people needing to back out, I'm sure. I'm just amazed that RWA was able to pull together a conference in a different location--and so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, gorgeous, Roxanne!!

    I hope you and Lyn had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive