Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The long hot summer is here--Lenora Worth


Hi. I don't know about where you are, but down South, it's hot. It seems to me I used to have these lazy easy summers. But now, I'm more busy than ever. So the heat takes it toll with running here and there, juggling several tasks and trying to keep up with life in general. But I try not to complain because I prefer summer to winter any day.

Our garden is back in shape with magnolias and wisteria blooming, lilies smelling so sweet and hibiscus plants popping with dark pink and creamy salmon flowers. The pool is just refreshing enough to take your breath away. So come on down and join us. We'll whip up some iced tea or lemonade, slice you a piece of pound cake and add some ice cream and strawberries and you can kick off your flip-flops and dangle your toes in the water. The big oak trees will bring shade and the soft breeze will tickle your sweaty neck. And I have lots of books, so brow the bookshelves all over the house, dust one off and sit back in a lounge chair and escape. Isn't that what summer is all about? Even if it's just in your imagination.

The picture of my lilies is special to me. I named each lily after some of the long-time launch authors of Steeple Hill--Marta Perry, Lyn Cote, Irene Brand, Lois Richer, Kate Welsh, Carol Steward, Gail Martin and Patt Marr. I hope I didn't leave anyone out. They are my treasured friends and like a wonderful summer day, they energize and refresh me.

Now that we've had a little retreat, it's back to work for me. Sigh. I'll go and write about summer while I enjoy the air conditioner. Hope you have a great one.

4 comments:

  1. I loved being a lily. Thanks, Lenora!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt knew all the names of flowers. I can remember following her around as she gently touched her babies. She told me their names. I wish I remembered more. I'm just now getting Arizona's native flora down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Lyn. Good to see you here. And Pam, I'm like you--I can't remember the names of certain plants and flowers. But I sure love it when they bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to name them, Lenora!! We'll start calling all of the ladies Lilly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive