Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hero Interview from Steadfast Soldier

Interview with the hero from Steadfast Soldier by Cheryl Wyatt:

1. Chance Garrison, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I am in one of the world's most dangerous careers and I thrive on danger in hostile territories while rescuing downed allied military pilots...yet I'm terrified of crowds. I'm very shy. (Grins sheepishly.)

2. What do you do for fun?
I like to exercise for fun. I also like to fish and hike through Refuge's woods and observe wildlife there. I'm very outdoorsy. Of course I also love to skydive and do it for a living as a U.S. Air Force Pararescue Jumper.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Going through my late-mom's stuff. I miss her so much and all those things in boxes have memories attached to them. It's hard to get rid of anything she owned.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?
Of losing my dad on the heels of losing Mom. He had a stroke not too long after she passed and life has been pretty rough since then. Two rays of sunshine named Chloe and her dog, Midnight, have been dropped into my life, so I'm starting to see that there's hope.

5. What do you want out of life?
I want to marry and have a family while I'm young. I was a change of life baby and my parents were older and not in good health during my growing up. Though my parents did their best, I want to be there for my kids and their kids.

6. What is the most important thing to you?
Right now, getting Dad to a point where he wants to do his rehabilitation exercises so he has a chance of getting his mobility and stuff back.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
I love books. I love classics and modern bestsellers alike. I'm a bookworm...but don't tell my Special Ops military team that or I might have to deny it. LOL!

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
That I sometimes still stutter despite going through years of speech therapy as a child. The dysfluency erupts at the worst times. Of course Chloe doesn't seem to mind.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I don't but Chloe has THE coolest dog. His name's Midnight and he's a black Lab. Chloe is an occupational therapist who uses rescued animals to help rehabilitate humans. I was skeptical at first but her unconventional methods are actually pretty cool and what she does and it seems to be working on Dad.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
Back to my childhood, early teens. I'd spend more quality time with my mom and less time goofing around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive