Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fun in Key West


This is Margaret Daley. My husband and I went to Key West recently for the first time. The picture to the right is the real Sponge Bob (made of sponges from the waters in Key West).

I really enjoyed the area, especially being on the ocean. It brought back memories of when I lived on the Gulf Coast in Mississippi. The gentle breeze. The scent of the salt water. The sound of the water lapping against the shore. The shrieks of the gulls as they fly overhead. And the high humidity that zaps your energy twice as fast.

The first day we were there we walked around to get a feel for the old part of the town of Key West. I was soaking wet by the time we got back to the hotel. You would have thought I’d gone to the beach and swam.

One of my favorite things to do was to test the key lime pie at different places. Mike and I decided we would find the best piece of key lime pie in Key West. The problem with that was there were several places we enjoyed the pie for different reasons. One had a more limey tang to the pie while another was milder but the crust was great. I couldn’t make up my mind which slice I liked better (nor could my husband). Maybe we need to go back and try both of them again some time.

Another thing they do in Key West is watch the sunset. A lot of boats take people out to watch it. Key West is known for beautiful sunsets and our hotel room had a balcony facing the Gulf where the sun went down. A perfect place to watch the sun set and it was beautiful.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Margaret. Thanks for clarifying the Spongebob thing. I was wondering waht it was. I've never been to Key West but the key lime pie sounds yummy. What a chore to have to go taste it everywhere. I love the stunning sunset picture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Sponge Bob in your picture is much better looking than the one on television. Luckily, my son went from Little Einsteins, to Thomas the Train, to Spiderman, and we missed Sponge BoB.
    Great photos, but now I'm hungry for Key Lime pie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Key Lime pie. You had my mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like such a fun trip! I love key lime pie!

    Thanks for sharing the great sunset photo. Gorgeous.

    Oh, Pamela, you would love Sponge Bob!! He's so funny. And he has a snail named Gary who meows. It's too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive