Monday, October 5, 2009

Doing What I Love To Do-Create A New Book

Hi Y'all, Debbie Clopton here! I'm always excited when I get to start a new book. I've just began working on my next one and the creative process is clicking away in my brain. The problem is when I'm in that stage I'm distracted in every other part of my life. I don't have any desire to pay bills, check email, write blogs LOL ;-) I just want to work on the book. But life goes on around me and so must I. I get tickled when I talk to people and they ask me where I get my ideas--or they tell me they don't know how I can write that many words. See, my problem is that I have to go into this brain of mine and sort and choose which ideas to make into a book. There are so many of them I have to figure out which ones get to come out an get created. The same thing with writing so many words, I'm long winded actually and books come easier to me than writing sort blogs, or letters, or emails. I guess we are all wired differently and a writer is wired to love to do all the things that others think would be hard about writing.

So today I'm feeling great and ready to do what I love, create a story. How about you--what do you love to do?

6 comments:

  1. Deb, this is always the funnest part for me too. Creating the scenerio, building the world of the characters and then getting to know the hero and heroine.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!

    I love starting new stories. I just started one on Friday and am lovin' it.

    I'm with you on the writing books is easier than shorter things like blogs, letter, and emails. :-)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad will be nice to read it when you get it finished.

    mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with it Debbie!

    I also love the beginning. And also the end when everything starts to fall into place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting Terri,Lynn and Missy--writers are wired differently aren't we!

    Hi Edna Thank you so much for stopping in. I sent off a new book on Friday that I hope you'll get to read before this one I'm working on now. :) It is a Mule Hollow Book but the one I started today is part of a continuity with 5 other others (Terri is one of them) and it is set in Alaska! So its something different for me.

    Ok back to writing have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, I really enjoy your "Mule Hollow" books. I have every one! When I am reading one, I have the hardest time putting it down. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive