Sunday, October 25, 2009

Heroine Interview from Bluegrass Christmas

Heroine Interview from Bluegrass Christmas by Allie Pleiter:

1. Mary, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I can’t. Really, no one can know--you’ll all hate me, I’m sure of it.

2. What do you do for fun?
I’m just finding that out. I haven’t had time to have any fun in my old jobs, so the whole concept of free time is sort of new to me. It’s why I came to Middleburg, to find out who I am away from what I used to do.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Funny you should ask that, because I think I just did it by moving to Middleburg. I walked away from something I wasn’t sure I could live without. Do all new Christians have to go through this? Because it’s much harder than I was expecting.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?
See question #1!

5. What do you want out of life?
I want simplicity. I want to be that calm, serene person of faith I keep reading about. I want to walk away from the messed up old me with the messed up old life and find a peaceful Christmas. Middleburg seems the perfect place to do that, don’t you think?

6. What is the most important thing to you?
A fresh start. This is my first Christmas as a believer, and I want to get it right. I’ve got this new job as the Drama Director at the sweet little small town church, and I want to give them the best Christmas Pageant ever.

7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read?
You know, I never had time to read before now. I’m thinking a nice, cozy love story would be just the ticket. And maybe a little humor. I’ve heard there’s this author named Allie Pleiter, but she strikes me as a bit odd, so maybe not.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wouldn’t let stuff get to me so easily. Things get under my skin way too fast. But then again, maybe that’s what let Jesus under my skin so I’m not sure I’d change that. I think, by ditching my old life, that I just changed a really big thing about myself.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
No pets, but if I did, it certainly wouldn’t be that loudmouth cockatoo of Mac MacCarthy’s downstairs!

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I’d go back to visit with Bach and Beethoven, or Mozart, to hear them play their own masterpieces. That’d be amazing for a music person like me.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting post.
    tarenn98[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm....this interview makes me want to read the book even more! Thanks for posting.
    Blessings, Patti Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I'm not sure who I should contact, so I'll post it here...I have awarded the Craftie ladies of Romance Blog the One Lovely Blog Award at my blog(project Journal)!

    Congrats and come on over to accept it : )
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Christmas book, yea!! I love them, can read them all year around. Please enter me into the drawing.


    mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive