Sunday, October 16, 2011

FEATURED BOOK: THE CAPTAIN'S MISSION BY DEBBY GIUSTI

Today we're welcoming Captain Phil Tibodeaux, the hero of THE CAPTAIN’S MISSION, by Debby Giusti, which will be out in October 2011—this month. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.

1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

I’m a captain in the U.S. Army stationed at Fort Rickman, Georgia. I was leading my company in a training exercise for a group of visiting dignitaries when one of my men was fatality wounded, seemingly by friendly fire. Criminal Investigation Division Special Agent Kelly McQueen was called in to investigate the soldier’s death.

2. So, during the book you met Special Agent McQueen. Tell us a bit about her. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?

At first, I was antagonistic about having someone pry into my company’s business, but Kelly was a professional soldier and didn’t try to push her weight--or her position--around. She worked hard to get to the truth about what really had happened on the training range. I appreciated her work ethic and soon realized my feelings went deeper than admiration for a job well done.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?

I’m determined to do the right thing, and above all else, I want to take care of my soldiers. Hopefully, they realize the decisions I make are for their own good.

My weakness? Maybe it was allowing what had happened in my childhood to keep me from living life to the full.

4. What scares you?

Losing Kelly scared me in the beginning. Now we’re committed to spending the rest of our lives together. With Kelly at my side, I’m ready to accept whatever the future may hold.

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I wish I could have changed my mother’s heart so she would have accepted a little boy who loved her so much.

6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?

Struggling. I came from a dysfunctional family, and although my aunt taught me about God’s love and mercy, I had to fine tune her teachings and make them my own.

7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?

By the end of the story, I knew God wanted what was best for me. He loved me more than anyone, even Kelly, and that fact brought me satisfaction and peace.

8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10

Those who accept darkness will die by darkness, but those who put their trust in the Lord will have an abundance of joy that transcends time.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

I’d be Kelly’s pecan pie. I’m a sucker for good cooking and that pie opened my eyes to the beautiful woman standing before me.

3 comments:

  1. I love the "sound" of Debby's book! Hope I get a chance to read it soon.....I live in GA...about 90 miles from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound good doesn't it? You're a Georgia Peach too. How fun. Jackie, thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is unique in that different type of questions were asked. I really enjoyed this. thanks Terry.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive