Sunday, July 21, 2013

A Lady of Quality Interview


How exciting to have Catherine Hart, the heroine from A Lady of Quality, written by Louise M. Gouge, a July 2013 release from Love Inspired Historical Romance.

1.  Miss Hart, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
Thank you so much for inviting me. Ordinarily, I do not like to call attention to myself, but you have been so gracious that I cannot resist answering your questions. I suppose the most interesting thing about me is my unusual upbringing. As the eldest daughter of a French Comte and English lady, I am very protective of my family. So when a brash young baron accuses my father of conspiracy to murder the exiled French king, I plan to bring him down. Coming out of my lifelong seclusion in the English countryside, I have moved to London and now work undercover as a companion to a countess, Lady Blakemore, whose husband is a friend of the man I seek to expose as the actual conspirator.

2.  What do you do for fun?
In an age (Regency) when young ladies are taught all the delicate arts, my favorite pastime is fencing. This will come in handy as I plot my revenge against Lord Winston.

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Working as Lady Blakemore’s companion, I have seen what good, honest people she and her husband are. I would so much like to confide in them, but then I would expose my own dishonesty about my identity. I can only hope they will understand my motives and forgive me when this is all over.

4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
I am terrified that my dear, noble father will be found in his hiding place and condemned for treason. He escaped the Reign of Terror in France, so it would be beyond tragic if he were hanged for a planned crime he had no part of.

5.  What do you want out of life?
Until this terrible tragedy happened to my family, I hoped to marry a gentleman who shared my interests so we could raise a nice family in the country. London holds no attraction for me, so this gentleman must not be politically ambitious, like Lord Winston.

6.  What is the most important thing to you?
Family is the most important thing in life to me. My parents are wonderful people who have raised my sister, brother, and me in a strong Christian home. I can think of no happier life than to build a home and family just like the one in which I grew up.

7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I suppose it would be my unusual height. I’m half a head taller than the perfect young ladies of the Regency period. Fortunately, the gentleman I am interested in is several inches taller than I am.

8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I adore cats and have several of them at home. Now that I must reside in London in order to complete my revenge, I must find my pet enjoyment in Lord Winston’s adorable Crumpet, a beautiful, fluffy, golden creature who seems to like me as well.

9. Can you tell us a little interesting tidbit about the time period you live in?
In regard to the Regency period, we hear a great deal about Napoleon and the wars he fought with all of Europe, but there is so much rich French history after he was defeated. First of all, the exiled king, Louis XVIII, came to the throne. He had been in exile in both Russia and England, accepting the hospitality of the royal houses in these two countries. Louis was quite old and didn’t make the best ruler, but his ascension restored the monarchy that had been snuffed out when his elder brother Louis XVI was guillotined and XVI’s poor little ten-year-old son, Louis XVII, died in prison. It’s a fascinating history!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive