Sunday, July 28, 2013

Small-Town Mom Interview


How exciting to have Jamie Glasser, the heroine from Small-Town Mom by Jean C. Gordon, a July release from Love Inspired Romance.

1.  Jamie, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
My job, I guess. I’m a labor and delivery nurse for a midwifery practice in the Adirondack Mountains of Upstate NY that does a lot of home births.

2.  What do you do for fun?
Things with my kids. Sledding in the winter. Bike riding and swimming in the summer. For several summers, I was the camp nurse at a Christian camp on Paradox Lake that my kids go to. I really enjoyed and miss that now that I work full-time, year round. And, for myself, I bowl in a local mixed league. Although I’m not sure how much fun bowling will continue to be since Eli Payton, U.S. Air Force retired and my son’s guidance counselor joined our team.

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Going through the rest of my husband’s things at the house. He was killed serving in Afghanistan. I did get rid of the Miata that he’d had since we were dating, which started another conflict between my teenage son and me, since he and his dad were going to restore it.

4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
Losing anyone else who I love.

5.  What is the most important thing to you?
My family. At one time, I would have said my family and my faith. That was before I lost my husband.

6.  Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
With work and the kids, and running back and forth to the school to meet with Eli about my son’s latest escapade, I don’t have much time to read. I used to like light, uplifting romance novels for their happily-ever-after endings. Now, they seem like a big lie to me.

7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
We have a Golden Retriever named Scooby. I got him for protection since my late husband was deployed out of country so much of the time, and we live in a fairly secluded area. While he’d probably lick an intruder to death, a big dog of any type is often enough to make many people keep their distance.

9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I want to say, back to when I was 18, before my late husband joined the Army. But then, I wouldn’t have my kids. They’re the world to me. Nor all of my friends in Paradox Lake, including the often-irritating Eli Payton. So, I’ll say I don’t really know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive