Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Soldier's Sister Interview


Today we're welcoming Stephanie Upton, the heroine of The SOLDIER’S SISTER, by Debby Giusti, released in September 2013. Wow, you've just had quite an adventure. 

1.  Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

I work at Fort Rickman, GA, in the US Army’s Wounded Warrior Program as the AW2 Advocate and help injured military personnel through their recuperation and rehabilitation. I stay with the guys and gals on my caseload until they no longer need assistance and are able to return to active duty or to civilian life. Unfortunately, one of my soldiers was attacked, and law enforcement was called in to investigate.

2.  So, during the book you met Brody Goodman.  Tell us a bit about him.  What was your first impression?  When did you know it was love?

Brody’s a Special Agent with the Criminal Investigation Division on post and although I was attracted to him, I was also a bit wary. From the questions he asked, I knew he thought my brother—a Wounded Warrior—was involved in something suspect.

When did I know it was love? Not until Brody started to reach out to my brother in a positive way. Then I was able to let down my guard and admit the way I felt about this very special Special Agent.    

3.  What strengths/skills do you have?  What is your greatest weakness?

I’m compassionate and caring, which helps me with my job. I was on my high school swim team and love the water.

My weakness? Perhaps not being able to forgive myself.

4.  What scares you? 

Even though I love the nearby lake, I also know the dangers associated with water. I never want anything to happen to someone I love due to my own negligence.   
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would have worked harder to resolve the past issues with my brother. All that pain festered for too long.
6.  Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?  

I didn’t believe God had listened to me in my time of greatest need so I turned my back on him. Of course, that was a mistake.

7.  Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? 

I realized God was always there for me. I was the one who isolated myself from him.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story.  Tell us why this scripture is significant.
My scripture is Psalms 34:3-4:
Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together.
I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.
Those two lines explain the way I feel about the Lord. He delivered me, and I no longer have to be afraid.
    
9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

Being a Southern girl, I love pecan pie. Adding a little ice cream on top makes the dessert even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive