Tuesday, September 6, 2016

National Read a Book Day!





Linda Goodnight here. Bookworms of America, you'll be delighted as I was to know that today, September 6 is National Read a Book Day! Which means, you really, really must give yourself permission to take a break, grab a book, and read!

What am I reading on this momentous "holiday"? Mermaid Moon by Colleen Coble, a book I picked up at the American Christian Fiction Writers’ Conference. The story is set along the Maine coast where I vacationed this past spring so I couldn’t resist moving it to the top of my TBR pile. It’s a mystery suspense reunion story, and personally, I love it when old flames cross paths again and the spark reignites.


Speaking of old flames, my newest book, Lone Star Dar, releases September 20. (See how I snuck that in to the conversation?) You’ll find a lopsided old flame story but a lot more in this one. And did I mention a very hunky but damaged hero who can be a bit on the-er-gruff side, a trouble making neighbor kid, a smart heroine with a secret, and a pile of cuddly kittens? This book was such fun for me to write. I hope you love it!
 

What's on your reading list today?












 Order here



7 comments:

  1. I didn't know. I'll wear my Book pin to work and tell my students :)

    I'm reading a Colleen Coble book, too. It's the Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful holiday! Reading is so necessary and such an important way to enrich our lives. I'm currently reading a Karen Witemeyer book, A Worthy Pursuit. Congrats on your new book. It sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, so good seeing you at ACFW.

    You have me intrigued about your "lopsided old flame" story. Can you provide a few more details? Lopsided? Meaning only one of the them had feelings in the past? If so, I like the hook...

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just loaded my Kindle Fire with several books--one by my favorite author, James Rollins.


    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading a wonderful book called Beast by Chawna Schroeder, published by Enclave, which is now a part of Gilead Publishing. It's fantasy/allegory and there are just so many wonderful lessons woven within the plot. Highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I missed this. I've spent most of the day setting up my classroom because the students return tomorrow. So, in keeping with that, I'll be rereading James and the Giant Peach. I'm also reading Jolene's new book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading several books. I flutter from one to the other. I have one in every room and I grab them and read when I have some quiet time. I have several on my TO READ list, too, including The Rules of Civility by Amor Towles and a very special one, The Memory House by a certain Oklahoma woman who is one of my favorite writers!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive