Monday, July 22, 2019

Get your sweet tooth ready!


Okay, people! Dana Mentink, here. I’m happy to bring you this breaking news...July 23  is National Vanilla Ice Cream Day! I know...right? You’re stoked! Me too...but in order to celebrate this amazing summer holiday appropriately, I feel like we need to learn some trivia. Since I’m researching the art of making ice cream for an upcoming writing proposal, it’s the perfect time to scoop up some fun facts and deliver them unto you! All right! So here they come!

1.  Vanilla is the most popular ice cream flavor.

2. Waffle cones were invented in 1904 when a traveling salesman encouraged an ice cream vendor to serve their ice cream on rolled up waffles when they ran out of paper dishes.

3.   The Haagen Daz brand was established by two Americans who made up a Danish sounding name. The words are not, in fact, real Danish words.

4.  New Zealand consumes more ice cream per capita than any other country.

5. The average American eats around 45 pints of ice cream per year.

All right! Now that we’ve enjoyed some sweet ice cream knowledge, it’s time for the ultimate question. What’s your favorite flavor and how do you like your ice cream? Scooped? In cups? In milkshakes? With toppings? Oh the choices! I can’t wait to hear your picks!

Dana’s latest book for Love Inspired Suspense is Danger on the Ranch.
Find out more about Dana’s latest book.







4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I can’t eat ice cream anymore it gives me a stomachache. But my favorite flavor is mint chip. Now I can eat sherbet which is good and sorbet‘s. And there are a few almond milk-based ice cream’s that I like but it’s not quite the same. That’s funny trivia. Those Sundays look awfully good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanilla is my favorite ice cream flavor! I will definitely partake of some today. I love the trivia. So much fun. Thanks for sharing Dana, and happy ice cream eating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite ice cream is my Daddy's lemon slice ice cream. Although anything with chocolate in it rates a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mint chocolate chip for the win. What a fun post!!! Who doesn't love ice cream?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive