Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Allie Pleiter on a different kind of hero

I like to do things a little differently.  I drive a crazy little car called a Nissan Cube, I like unusual clothes that no one else has, and I’m probably one of a very few female James Bond fanatics you’ll ever meet.  If it’s a little off the beaten path, I like it.

My readers tell me that’s what they like most about my books—there always just a little bit different.  After all, you wouldn’t just expect any old hero from a woman who’s written the books I have:  where the heroine is the voice of an animated owl, a plot that is basically Zorro meets Lois Lane, and a WWI hero who gets forced to knit as a promotional stunt.

So, if I’m going to tackle the bad boy hero, he’s got to have something truly unique about him.  Max Jones from A HEART TO HEAL certainly fits that bill!  Fans of THE FIREFIGHTER’S MATCH will know Max as JJ Jones’s brother.  Max fell during a climbing accident and now takes on life “on wheels”—hence the nickname “Hot Wheels.”  While his wheelchair hasn’t slowed him down one bit, Max has a lot of inner healing to do.  

When high school guidance counselor Heather Browning gets stuck with Max as a mentor to a gawky freshman boy who also uses a wheelchair, she has serious doubts as to how things will work out.  She eventually learns that sometimes God forges partnerships we never would have imagined.  Turns out Heather has some healing to do as well.  She and Max have a lot to teach each other—and young Simon, the high school student, does his own teaching and learning in this tender, funny story.

I’m delighted that Romantic Times gave this book it’s Top Pick designation and a 4.5 star review.  It’s  a very special story for me, and I hope it will be for you as well.

What about you?  What are some unique heroes that have captured your heart?

15 comments:

  1. I really like the reference to Hot Wheels. As a teacher, I've had students manuever into my classroom in wheelchairs. They face a journey I can't even imagine. I look forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the Top Pick from RT! The story sounds wonderful. I love heroes who overcome big obstacles like your Max.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a top pick! I love bad boy hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is sitting at the top of my TBR pile and I can't wait to get to it, Allie. :) I am loving this hero already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Allie. You are such a good writer. The story sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the story idea. And congrats on your top pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Allie, it sounds like a beautiful story! And I love your cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He sounds like a fabulous hero. Congrats on top pick!

    My favorite fictional heroes? The protective kind. Guess that's why I read a lot of suspense. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Allie, your story sounds delightful. I love bad boys. I can't believe the names of your hero and heroine. Thankfully the book I'm working on where my hero and heroine are named Max and Heather isn't for Love Inspired. Do great minds think alike? My characters come from other books, so I can't change their names.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love your unusual characters and love how they fit your personality!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A bad boy hero in a wheelchair? What an awesome idea! Can't wait to read it. And congrats on the Top Pick! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi everyone! Sorry--our internet has been out most of the day. Thanks for your comments and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great story, Allie! Congratulations on all those stars and a TOP PICK!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the Top Pick from RT, Allie! The story sounds wonderful--I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your story sounds great! I love that it is different. Congratulations on the stars!
    I'm a huge James Bond fan as well. I've seen them all multiple times. I love the old one with David Nivens as Bond. Though Daniel Craig is my favorite, I think because we see more of his character and he's more human than superhuman in his movies.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive