1. Visiting Amish country in Sugarcreek, Ohio. Stepping back in time was never so sweet. I enjoyed every moment of touring Amish country and meeting folks who live a completely different life than my own.
2. Reading! I crammed myself with every possible novel I could manage!
3. Spending sweet moments with the family. A "go fish" card tournament and summer at the movies for the Mentinks!
4. Growing my garden. Having schlepped tomato seeds back from Thomas Jefferson's Monticello garden, I savored every moment of watching my Brandywine tomatoes come into ripeness.
5. Enjoying the break from the intense demands of teaching and those dreaded concerns about grades, homework and social dramas for my girls.
What was your favorite moment from summer?