Thursday, August 28, 2014

What's all this about Throw Back Thursday? Books I remember from the past--Lenora Worth

Hello, my darlings. It's always fun to remember good things from the past, right? I'm not one to post pictures of Elnora in the good old days, but I do like to discuss books and movies that I remember from other eras. So I thought it would be fun to talk about some of the books and movies that had a big influence on us.

When I was in high school (and maybe even before that) in the early 70s. (Yes, I'm that old) one of my favorite books was "Practically Seventeen" by Rosamond du Jardin. This story captivated me since it was about young love and lots of angst. I must have read it ten times over the years. I wish I still had my frayed copy but I don't even remember what happened to it.


Of course, I love "Gone With the Wind" too. Sweeping saga abou a sassy southern bell who just wanted to be loved.

 
These are just two of my through-back Thursday books.
 
 And I'm adding one of my own. This is a reprint of one of my early books. It's always been a reader favorite so I'm thrilled that it's having another go:
 
 

 
What are some of your favorites?

10 comments:

  1. Well, I remember reading a ton of Phillis Whitney books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not get enough of Trixie Belden. Did a lot of binge-reading over the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenora, thanks for the memories. I also read a lot of books by Rosamond du Jardin. I also loved the Beanie Malone books by Lenora Mattingly Weber. With a name like Lenora, you must have been meant for romance writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri - I grew up on Trxie Beldon. Still have my mom's copies. LOL.

    For me, I think it would be the Little House books, and picture book classics like Polar Express and the Virginia Lee Burton Books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful books! You all brought back memories for me. I've read a lot of the titles mentioned. Dawn, you are right about the Little House books--always a favorite. I love the Polar Express but I discovered it as an adult. I'd read it to my children and cry.

    I also love Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boy mysteries, too. I wrote my first suspense story when I was around eleven or so because I wanted to be Nancy Drew!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How timely, Lenora....I just returned from Library where I picked up your book "The Wedding Quilt" that they FINALLY got for me! Looking forward to reading it....you mentioned it on some blog recently and made me anxious to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun post, Lenora!
    Lots of wonderful books from my childhood stir happy memories for me (especially the Laura Ingalls Wilder series). As a young adult, I devoured books by Phyllis Whitney and several other authors.
    And of course Gone With the Wind has been a family favorite. My Mama actually marched in that movie's premiere parade in Atlanta! She was a teen and was in a girls' marching band, so they'd been asked to participate. A few years before Mama passed away she was interviewed about that experience by an Atlanta newspaper. :)
    Hugs, Patti Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful cover, Lenora! I love that they're bringing the book back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jackie, hope you enjoy The Wedding Quilt. That book holds a special place in my heart! CatMom, what a lovely story about your mom :) Thank you, Missy. I love this cover, too. :) Google sent all of your comments to a different e-mail and I just now saw them but I'm so glad you all chatted with me today :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was a teen back in the 70s, my mom would take my sisters and me to the used bookstore. We headed straight to the Harlequin section, where we'd each get ten romances for ten cents apiece. I spent many a hot summer's day with my nose buried in one of those sweet stories, imagining myself in the beautiful European settings. Memories!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive