Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Sisterhood with Merrillee Whren



Family Status: married with two grown daughters

What Is Your Favorite Beverage: wild cherry diet pepsi

What Is Your Favorite Food:It’s hard to pick just one. Favorite snack: Cheetos, Favorite meat: filet mignon, Favorite fruit: strawberries, Favorite veggie: broccoli, Favorite takeout: Pizza

What Is Your Favorite Thing to do During Free Time: play tennis or read

Who Has Been the Most Influential Person in Your Life: My mother. She read to me when I was young, not just short story books, but whole novels. That created a love for books.

First Book You Fell in Love With: Old Bones The Wonder Horse

A Book You Wish You’d Written: I’ve never wanted to have written someone else’s book, but I have wished to be able to evoke reader emotions like other authors I have read.

First Book Published: The Heart’s Homecoming, a 2005 Love Inspired

Most Recent Book: Book out now: My 2003 Golden Heart Winner, A Place to Call Home as in indie book

Next: Coming in January 2015 Second Chance Reunion, Love Inspired

How Many Have You Written: I wrote eight books before I sold one. The January 2015 book will be my 13th published book. 

What Do You Know Now That You Wish You’d Known Then: Every writer has his or her own process when writing a book and his/her timeline for a career.

What is Your Favorite Bible Story: The story of Ruth

What is Your Favorite Bible Verse: Isaiah 40:29-31

What is Your Favorite Hymn: Old Time Hymn: “I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day”  New: “My Lighthouse” 

What is an Ongoing Prayer Request You Have: For the health of my daughter who has Crohn’s disease

21 comments:

  1. Nice to learn more about you, Merrillee! Congratulations on the indie book and your upcoming LI! You are so right about differing processes and career paths. We must learn not to judge our path against that of others. My prayers for your daughter. Crohn's runs in my family, so I know what a struggle it can be. I pray your daughter's doctors find a treatment that keeps it at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to learn more about you, Merrillee. Crohn's seems to be epidemic these days. My son also has it and within the past couple of years a cousin from each side of the family has been diagnosed with it, too! I will certainly pray for your daughter. Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merrillee, it's great to find out more about you. I'll be praying for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Merrillee! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm liking your favorite foods, Merrilee, and thinking we need to do lunch sometime. Or dinner. Or a snack.

    So great to see you at RWA and to let to know you even more today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the story of Ruth, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine, thanks for your prayers for my daughter. She has been doing well for a number of years, so the prayers are appreciated because I see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandra, I will pray for your son. It was interesting that I hadn't really heard much about Crohn's until my daughter was diagnosed with it. Then it seemed as though I found out so many other people had it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mindy, we will have to make plans to eat together sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not heard of Bones the Wonder Horse. I'll go looking :)

    Merrillee, it's great fun having you so close by!

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Merrillee (just love that name!). It was fun getting to know a little more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pamela,
    I wonder if you can still find Old Bones the Wonder Horse. It's old because my mom read it to me when I was about 4 or 5. That's almost saying that I'm old. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Winnie, thanks. My parents got my name from my mother's maiden name--Merrill.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leann, it was good to see you at RWA, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of my favorite song is I heard the bells on Christmas Day too! Mercy Me does a wonderful rendition.
    Praying for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Merrillee! I enjoyed reading your interview and learning more about you. Congratulations on your writing success! I have really enjoyed your books I've read, and look forward to reading more.
    I'm adding your daughter to my prayer list.
    Hugs from Georgia, Patti Jo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great to get to know you better, Merrillee! Will pray for your daughter. Hugs, JanetB

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merrillee, I love Cheeto's, too! Best junk food in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I am loving "My Lighthouse" at church. I can't stop singing it.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive