Sunday, August 31, 2014

Protected by the Warrior Interview

 How exciting to have Rowena, heroine from Protected by the Warrior written by  Barbara Phinney an August 2014 release from Love Inspired Historical Romance .

1.  Rowena, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
Well, based on what Lord Stephen says, that my most interesting trait would be my ability to read how people are really feeling. I just somehow know by the way they act, how they really feel about something. Lord Stephen wanted me to help him find those who would make trouble for King William. But I have had my fill of intrigue, thank you very much.

2.  What do you do for fun?
Lord Stephen brought this wonderful troupe of minstrels to the manor house. What fun it was to watch them! Why some can juggle many pieces of fruit, and one man pulled a coin from my ear!

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Remember I said that Lord Stephen wanted to help me find the troublemakers? Well, I knew in my heart I needed to help him, but to trust that Lord Stephen would protect me? I wasn't so sure about that.

4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
I hate to say this, but to trust. I fear that I cannot freely give it away. And yet, haven't I trusted in the Lord? I don't know Him, but know He wants me to trust in Lord Stephen. 'Tis so hard, though!

5.  What do you want out of life?
I have a beautiful little boy and 'twould please me so much to see him learn to read and know his numbers. I only want the very best for my child.

6.  What is the most important thing to you?
There are many things that are important to me. Some are not things to be proud of, like pride itself. But I would say my son is the most important thing, and his well-being.

7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My hair. You see, 'tis as pale as snow and as light as duck down. And 'tis so hard to keep braided and tucked away. I would love to have darker, sturdier hair. Oh, do you mean about my personality? I would love to be able to change how hard it is for me trust. 'Tis not an easy thing for me.

8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
Well, I have no pets, but I have the most timid little hen. I can almost think she is listening to me when I talk to her.

9. Can you tell us a little interesting tidbit about the time period you live in?
They are dangerous times here in England. King William is still fighting us Saxons, so he couldn't have troops everywhere. So he put people like Lord Stephen in charge of counties and estates. The Norman French in charge of us! Some of the men are wise but some are just plain evil. I've heard that the king is ordering castles and churches be built all over England. We will never be the same again. Even our language is changing, with new French words coming into it everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive