Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hero Interview from A Soldier's Devotion by Cheryl Wyatt


Interview with the hero from A Soldier’s Devotion by Cheryl Wyatt:

1. Vince Reardon, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I’m tall, dark and brooding. I’m the tallest cutest guy on my pararescue jumper team and all the ladies know it. Grin. I’m an Air Force war vet, still serving our country doing high profile military and civilian rescues.

2. What do you do for fun?
Ride my custom-built motorcycle, skydive and work out like mad for rescues.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Call Dad. We don’t always get along but these days, I’m seeing more reason to toss aside my pride and reconnect.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?
That I’ll lose my sister like I lost my brother. My sister and I were always very close but we became estranged after my brother died in a prison riot. He was wrongly convicted and that I’m interested in an attorney might set my family’s teeth on edge. But Val…she’s….well, you’ll see when you read the book. I’m crazy about her.

5. What do you want out of life?
To be a better person and to make a difference in the lives of those I rescue and their families. To serve my country with pride. Those were my old priorities. While they’re still tops, I’m looking into some new stuff and starting to see I can’t do any of the above without a solid relationship with God. I’m seriously seeking.

6. What is the most important thing to you?
Well, these days, God is becoming pretty important to me as well as a gal named Val, but aside from that, keeping those I love safe. Keeping total strangers safe when duty calls for it.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
Val’s been reading Bible story books to me and teaching me all the stuff I never learned growing up in exchange for me giving her cooking lessons. Don’t tell her I said this but she poses a danger to herself and society whenever she gets near any kind of oven knob. She’s banned from anything that resembles a stove until I can teach her how to cook without having to use the smoke detector to determine when her food is done. I find that endearing about her though and we’re having fun learning stuff together.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
That I didn’t give in sooner. You’ll understand when you read the book. Grin.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I have a motorcycle that I named. Does that count? Ha. If I had a pet, it would probably be a piranha or a shark. Definitely not spiders though. Hate those.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
Back to when my brother went to trial. I was deployed oversees and couldn’t be here to fight for him because I was fighting for my country. Had I known his wrong conviction and sentencing would lead to his wrongful death, I would have tried harder to get a military leave of absence to come defend him and prove his innocence. To live in regret is not easy, but Val, God and a pierced, tattooed prison pastor named Rowan are helping me come to terms with everything.

2 comments:

  1. A pet motorcycle? :-) I think it fits for some guys. Fun interview, A Soldier's Devotion looks like a great book.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive