Monday, May 10, 2010

Precious Words

Pamela Tracy here. My son is five. With five, comes lots of maturity (yes, I'm smiling). The day he turned five, a mere three months ago, he took me by the hand and led me to his bathroom so we could remove all the toys from the tub because "I'm five now."

Yesterday, Mother's Day, I climbed out of bed and headed for the kitchen. After a minute, I heard Mikey's door open and he joined me. Poking his head around the refrigerator, he said, "Happy Mother's Day." I looked in my own bedroom to see if Daddy was up to prompt Mikey in this greeting. Nope. My son, age five, remembered on his own. Wow.

Last Thursday, his little pre-school had a mother's tea (last year I really messed up and thought it was a tea). As we sat at a table in a gym, watching the video chronicaling he and his classmates school year, I opened the Mother's Day card he'd made me for. The card started sentences and Mikey's teachers had filled in how he finished them. Here they are. Mikey's responses are in bold.

My mom looks best after she gets a hair cut.
My mom likes to make breakfast and lunch.
My mom always says we have to go to school.
My mom likes to play trains with me.

Precious words, eh?

5 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. They grow so fast! The Kiddo wanted to be sure that The Husband and she took me out to eat on Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia,
    I get a meal out, also, but am waiting until this coming weekend. I was a waitress for years and still hate going to restaurants on holidays. Kiddos are the best. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb,
    Boys are wonderful, aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh, that's so sweet, Pamela. I'm glad you're enjoying him while you can. I'm sure everyone tells you have fast they grow. :(

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive