Thursday, October 14, 2010

Allie Pleiter on Fall Food

It’s fall, and a woman’s thoughts naturally turn to...food.  
I like food.  I didn’t realize it until someone pointed it out to me, but I write a lot about food, too.  One book group that was reading BAD HEIRESS DAY decided to have all the foods mentioned in the book at their meeting (which I attended by speakerphone, something I love to do if you’re group is interested).  Sort of a grown up version of THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR.   I was aghast at the volume and diversity (and nutritional drought) of the food.  Yes, evidently I do write about food a lot.  Who could forget the chocolate chip cookies or the milk and cookies pie in BLUEGRASS COURTSHIP?  The tea ceremony scene in PERFECT BLEND...okay, that’s a beverage but I think the theory still applies.  
Ah yes, Allie enjoys food.  Summer foods are great, but it’s the fall foods I love best.  I’m working on a novel about a women who loves to bake bread (which, if you read the preceding paragraph, evidently comes as no surprise), so I’m planning to do a lot of baking this fall.  I’m not very good at baking, but I love the way the house smells (I’ve learned this can also be achieved with a good candle, by the way, so I’ve become good at aroma cheating!).  There’s hot chocolate, pumpkin pie, all that good stuff.   Apple pie is nice and summery, but there’s something about pumpkin pie that puts it in a class all its own.  Did you know scientists have identified pumpkin pie as one of the most attractive to men?  Perhaps the way to a man’s heart truly is through his stomach.
What about you?  What fall foods and scents are your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. Anything pumpkin. I make my own pumpkin butter, pumpkin pie, pumpkin butter!

    And the season of soup returns. Yeah!

    peace,Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to write about food too. And I'm getting ready to start baking fall pies--apple, pumpkin, mincemeat!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive