Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Season for Family Interveiw


How exciting to have Heath Stone the hero from A Season for Family by Mae Nunn, a November 2010 release from Love Inspired Romance.


1. Heath, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I’m an undercover narcotics officer. I’m good at the work, meaning my conviction rate is higher than normal. But I hate what it’s done to me inside. I spend so much time being somebody else that I’ve forgetting who I am underneath the disguises.

2. What do you do for fun?
Go to court and listen to sentencing. Isn’t that sick?

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Checking in with my adoptive parents always turns into an argument. They don’t really understand that I keep my distance to protect them. Someday I want to get out of this work so I can have a normal life, whatever that is. I want to live without looking over my shoulder all the time.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?
My greatest fear is having my folks become targets for the people I’ve helped bring to justice.

5. What do you want out of life?
I want to reconnect with my two older sisters. We’ve been separated for twenty-five years, ever since our father went to prison for killing our mother. If I could get to know my sisters I think I might be able to get to know my real self, too.

6. What is the most important thing to you?
Finding a place where I belong, where I can just be myself. I don’t know what that feels like. I’m not sure I’ve ever known.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
When I was about fifteen I discovered historical western novels in the library at school. Those stories about the men and women who settled the old west helped offset the boredom of algebra and biology. I still find that reading can help with the day’s stress and settle me down when nothing else works.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I’d be a kinder person. I’ve recently met a woman who is so selfless and giving that it’s hard to believe she’s for real. Olivia Wyatt runs a homeless shelter in a rough part of Waco, and everybody who comes through the doors gets a big helping of faith along with the meal. If I could change, I’d be more like Olivia.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I don’t have time for pets right now, but someday I’ll have a big ole’ slobbery dog who will be waiting at home for me, no matter what kind of day it’s been.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I’d go back to the days when my old man was hitting our mother. I’d stop him from tearing our family apart. But thankfully, my sisters have done okay for themselves and I’m sensing good things in my future, so maybe God worked everything out for us after all.

Thank you Mae for sharing Heath with us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive