Sunday, June 28, 2015

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: Family of Her Dreams by Keli Gwyn


A Family to Cherish 
Headstrong Tess Grimsby loves her new job caring for the children of a recently widowed man. But she never imagined that she'd fall for her handsome employer. Yet Spencer Abbott is as caring as he is attractive, and Tess can't help but feel for him and his family. Though, for the sake of her job, she'll keep any emotions about her boss to herself. 
Between his stationmaster responsibilities in a gold-rush town and trying to put his family back together, Spencer has his hands full. He soon finds his new hire's kind personality warming his frosty exterior. But could he ever admit to seeing her as more than just an employee?


Interview:
How exciting to have a visit from Tess Grimsby, the heroine from Family of Her Dreams, written by Keli Gwyn, a June 2015 release from Love Inspired Historical Romance.

1. Tess, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

I’d have to say my height. That’s the first thing most people notice. I’m six foot tall, although with my large hat and three-inch boot heels, I appear even taller.

2.  What do you do for fun?

I love to cook. I spend my Saturday afternoons off in my employer’s kitchen coming up with new dishes. Spencer is quite happy to sample my creations.

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?

I tackle most things head on, but I’m somewhat hesitant to spend time with Spencer in the parlor each evening before he heads to the bunkhouse. My friend Polly says that’s how I’ll get to know him better, but my employer is a man who says little, so talking with him can be challenging. Plus, I don’t want to overstep my bounds as his housekeeper. 

4.  What are you afraid of most in life?

I fear spending the rest of my life alone. I haven’t had anyone who’s really cared about me since I was three years old. That’s when my mother passed on and my father left me at the orphanage.

5.  What do you want out of life?

More than anything, I dream of having a family of my own. I long to have a husband and children to shower with love—and to be loved in return.

6.  What is the most important thing to you?

My journal is very special to me. I record my hopes and dreams in it and tuck my mementos between its pages.

7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I tend to be a bit too outspoken at times, but I’m working on that.

8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

I’ve never had a pet of my own, but Spencer has a wonderful watchdog who keeps an eye on the children and alerts me if adventurous Luke, Spencer’s four-year-old son, wanders too far from the house.

9. Can you tell us a little interesting tidbit about the time period you live in?


Spencer works as the stationmaster at our local rail depot in Shingle Springs. He tells me that crews are working to build a rail line that will link the East with the West. They’re calling it the Transcontinental Railroad. While I like the idea of seeing our big country connected, I feel for Spencer. Once the Central Pacific and Union Pacific meet, his railroad station, currently one of the busiest in California, will see business fall off dramatically.

1 comment:

  1. Great interview!
    And as Keli already knows, I LOVED this book. :)
    Blessings, Patti Jo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive