Friday, August 23, 2019

Strong and of Good Courage by Katy Lee

Arabic word for COURAGE


My bags are packed. My itinerary is printed. My passport says I'm good to go. In just two days, I will embark on the trip of a lifetime. When my plane lands, I will be in Israel. I will walk where my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ put down his footsteps and changed the course of this world by teaching on the amazing Kingdom of God.

The message was radical. The message was life-changing. The message brought hope to a fallen and dark world. What we see is not all there is. Not for those who love God with all their heart, with all their soul, and with all their mind. It was a message of victory over evil.

But wait! There's more! With Jesus, God of abundance, there is always more. Jesus spoke on and said...

"This [loving God] is the first and great commandment. And the second is, you shall love your neighbor as yourself."

Jesus wants us to share his message of hope for more. But that message starts with love.

Which brings me to the reason for leaving my home to go so very far away. On the other side of the world there is a group of Arabic Christian women awaiting our arrival. These women live in a land where they face the darkness of this world daily. Atrocities, persecution, and injustices just to name a few. The messages of hope and love are for them too. But my group and I are also bringing them messages of empowerment and leadership skills. Tools to assist them in their circumstances.

And with all this comes the message of courage. I am putting my feet down first and answering the call to go. God's word tells us to be strong and courageous. That He goes with us wherever we go. It is my prayer, these women will see my decision to believe God and take Him at His word . . . and find what they need to believe Jesus's message is for them as well.


Peace and Blessings,
Katy Lee

Katy Lee has published eighteen novels, including her Harlequin Love Inspired Suspense books. She calls her thrilling mysteries and romances “Higher purpose stories at high speed suspense.” Two of her books have been nominated for both the Romance Writers of America’s RITA® Award and the Daphne du Maurier Award for excellence in mystery. Katy has won an Inspirational Reader’s Choice Award and Selah Award for her 2016 Romantic Suspense Blindsided. A native New Englander, Katy loves to knit warm wooly things while she plots her next suspense story.  You can connect with Katy at her website: KatyLeeBooks.com and Facebook, Katyleebooks and Instagram katyleeauthor


11 comments:

  1. Your trip sounds wonderful, Katy, especially as you'll be imparting Christ's love to the Arabic Christians there. My husband and I have visited the Holy Land twice, and each time was meaningful in its own way. Our first tour guide described herself as a secular Jew--Jewish by ethnicity but not really practicing the faith. Ten years later, our guide was a Palestinian Christian, and he had an entirely different perspective that was truly eye-opening. I know you'll be a blessing to the women you minister to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds perfect, Myra. I do plan to have a tour offered by a Jewish group after the mission portion. So I will learn different POV's too.

      Delete
  2. I wish you a wonderful trip, Katy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you and your group, Katie! My time in the Holy Land was amazing, a dream come true to walk in Jesus' footsteps. Wishing you a blessed journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debby! I won't believe it's real until I am there...and even then, not sure. ;)

      Delete
  4. Katy, wow, lady. This is just amazing and inspiring. Go with God and His angels, my friend, and let His goodness and mercy chase you down, and give courage and hope to our sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katy, you are an amazing lady. God has blessed you with courage and boldness. I look forward to hearing how your trip goes. Be safe and blessed my friend. God be with you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terri! <3 I have the courage, but boldness is hard for me. I have to push myself and not second-guess myself. :) Just go!

      Delete
  6. Safe travels, Katy. I will be praying for you and your wonderful journey. Please take lots of pictures and realize you are embarking on an epic adventure. Blessings, my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive