Thursday, March 19, 2009
My Kind of Friendship Poem by Cheryl Wyatt
My sister sent this to me by e-mail. I thought I'd share it with you all. Not sure who the original author is, but this friendship poem cracked me up because it is SO me.
None of that Sissy Stuff
Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems?
Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.
You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this-
Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.
1. When you are sad --I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.
4. When you're scared -- we will high tail it out of here.
5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby!!!!
6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.
7. When you are sick --Stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
8. When you fall -- I'll pick you up and dust you off--
After I laugh my butt off!!
9. This is my oath...I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask -- because you are my FRIEND!
Friendship is like peeing your pants,
everyone can see it,
but only you can feel the true warmth.
Send this to 10 of your closest friends,
Then get depressed because you can only think
Cheryl here...isn't that cute? LOL! I also wanted to mention my upcoming April 1 release (but it should be in stores any day now and can be ordered anywhere online that books are sold) titled Ready-Made Family.
In the book, the heroine is new to town and is in need of friendship among other things. The kindness of people, reaching out to her without agenda helped to restore her faith in church and in Christians as well as let her know that God wasn't holding her past against her. She prays for a good friend and God sends more than she asked for.
Have you ever prayed for a friend and had that answered? I'd love to hear your story.