Thursday, March 19, 2009

My Kind of Friendship Poem by Cheryl Wyatt




My sister sent this to me by e-mail. I thought I'd share it with you all. Not sure who the original author is, but this friendship poem cracked me up because it is SO me.

Enjoy!


None of that Sissy Stuff

Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems?
Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.
You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this-
Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.

1. When you are sad --I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.
4. When you're scared -- we will high tail it out of here.
5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby!!!!
6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.
7. When you are sick --Stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
8. When you fall -- I'll pick you up and dust you off--
After I laugh my butt off!!
9. This is my oath...I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask -- because you are my FRIEND!

Friendship is like peeing your pants,
everyone can see it,
but only you can feel the true warmth.

Send this to 10 of your closest friends,
Then get depressed because you can only think
of 4.

Cheryl here...isn't that cute? LOL! I also wanted to mention my upcoming April 1 release (but it should be in stores any day now and can be ordered anywhere online that books are sold) titled Ready-Made Family.

In the book, the heroine is new to town and is in need of friendship among other things. The kindness of people, reaching out to her without agenda helped to restore her faith in church and in Christians as well as let her know that God wasn't holding her past against her. She prays for a good friend and God sends more than she asked for.

Have you ever prayed for a friend and had that answered? I'd love to hear your story.

Talk away!

Cheryl Wyatt

15 comments:

  1. Cheryl -- I chuckled over your post. And got hungry looking at those cupcakes. There's nothing like facing temptation with a friend at your side. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite line is: when you are blue, I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3 is a good one.

    3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

    My hubby is always smiling. Keeps us guessing.

    ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the poem and got a really good laugh which is just what I needed today. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually my husband often tells me that after his divorce from his first wife is when he found God. He then started praying for someone. He said that as soon as he met me I had all the exact qualifications that he had been asking God for and he knew instantly that I was his answered prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet, I loved the pic for that reason. You can totally read the minds of those kids. LOL!

    Pamela, I laughed at that one too. My favorite one was the one where if my friend is plotting something, I must be involved in it. LOL.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts ladies!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abi, that's neat about your hubby. Mine is very similar. Only he won't normally tell me what he's up to. And knowing the practical joker that he is, I'm always sort of in a mild state of paranoia. LOL!

    Thanks for coming by our blog. Drop by often!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Betsy! I loved it too.

    Ellen, great to see you here! I'm glad you got a laugh out of it.

    Come back often!

    Hugs

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merrillee and Terri, thanks for coming by!

    Glad you got a laugh out of it.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessie, that is an amazing story! Thank you for sharing.

    Please come by our blog often. Your readership is a blessing.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheryl, I love that!! I had a friend send it to me once. :)

    And, yes! I've prayed to find a friend each time we've moved. God is faithful!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  12. He is, Missy.

    There was this woman at church once who I felt so drawn to her. But she was nothing like me. We didn't run the same circles. She was more fitted to the acadamia crowd and well, I'm more fitted to the southern rock/redneck girl/Harley rider crowd. But I just thought she was such a neat person and she had the most contageous laugh. Deep down I wished that we were friends but I was too shy to approach her. She seemed so popular. Anyway, we ended up in a prayer group together and became very close. One day she laughed and told me that before we'd become friends, she'd felt so drawn to me and had wished she could be MY friend! She even PRAYED for it!

    We're still very close (waving to Marcie). She threw me a surprise party when my debut novel sold. God is so faithful to give us just the right friends.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive