Sunday, March 15, 2009

Heroine Interview from Home to Crossroads Ranch

Interview with the heroine from Home to Crossroads Ranch by Linda Goodnight:

1. Rainy Jernagen, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

Oh, that one’s easy. My kids! I’m a foster mom, though a lot of people think I’m nuts, mostly because I’m single. But I’m not nuts. (Well, maybe a little.) I just love kids, especially the ones having a tough time of it.

I also do puppet shows. You know, the puppet ministry at church. The kids love it. There I go again, talking about kids.

2. What do you do for fun?

Sleep, maybe? Just kidding but I am pretty busy with my four foster kids. Right now, we’re spending a lot of time at Nate Del Rio’s ranch. He’s a sweet guy (really cute, too) from my church. He lets me bring the kids out to his place so they can learn about animals, ride horses, and play with his dog. I don’t think he really wanted them to come, but I sort of twisted his arm. I’m good at that.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

I really dread facing my neighbor, Kathy. She causes a lot of trouble in the neighborhood. Right now, she has this vendetta against me and my foster children. She wants them out of my house and away from her grandson. What does she think they’ll do, give him the plague? I don’t begin to understand a person like that, but she sure is trouble.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

I recently applied to adopt my four foster children. There’s always the worry that the birth parents will object, especially because I’m single. It would break my heart to lose them now that I love them so much.

5. What do you want out of life?

God called me to minister to children, whether as a teacher, a puppet minister or as a foster mom. I want to do that to the best of my ability. But I’d like a husband too. I have to tell you, I’m getting a real crush on Nate, but he’s kind of different around the kids. One minute he seems to like them. The next he’s cranky and gruff. Do you think there’s any hope with a man like that?

6. What is the most important thing to you?

I grew up in such a great family, so after my relationship with the Lord, family is top priority. You probably guessed that one already, huh?

7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read?

I love to read. I’m a teacher, remember!? Lately, I read mostly children’s books but when I get the chance I love to curl up with my killer chocoholic brownies and a fun, romantic comedy. Hey, if you love brownies, don’t miss the recipe at the end of my book. Yum!

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Well, nobody ever said I was beautiful, so that would be nice. But I’m a decent person and I have really great taste in shoes. Nate teases about my ‘city-slicker’ boots but I think he likes them.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

Not officially. The kids all want a pet but I have neither the time nor the room for an animal. And imagine how my troublesome neighbor, Kathy, would complain about a barking dog or a prowling cat! Instead, the kids and I head out to Crossroads Ranch and play with the animals there. I think Nate has something up his sleeve in this area. The girls keep hinting. We’ll have to see what that’s all about.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I would go back to the time and place where my little Katie was abused and keep it from happening. Somehow. She’s come a long way with counseling, love and prayer, but abuse like that leaves a big scar on an innocent child’s heart.

1 comment:

  1. I truly admire those who foster children and feel sorry for those like Kathy who can not understand that foster children are as precious as any children. I am looking forward to reading this book.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive