Monday, March 9, 2009

A Friends Prayer

My friend Sharon moved to town a few years ago and since she didn't know anyone she prayed that God would give her a Christian friend. I owned my hair salon at that time and she walked in for a haircut--and that was that, we connected instantly. God gave Sharon me :) I think that is really kind of cool--not being a big head or anything but really it was cool. But coolest of all was that I got the better end of that prayer because Sharon has been like a real soul mate to me and is the person I can go to to talk about anything. Yes she prayed for a friend but I needed her friendship and didn't even know it! She has been such a blessing to me and I pray I've been a blessing to her. A few years later she moved away but even that hasn't changed our friendship, we still get together a few times a year to hang out. When my husband died Sharon dropped everything and came to me. She'd been through the same thing and she understood and was able to be there for me in ways that no other friends could be. I hope I've been as good a friend to her as she has been to me. I thank God every day for her prayer for a friend. God knew what I needed when He put Sharon in my life.

Friendships are blessings that God gives us. Have you ever prayed for a good friend or been the answer to a new friend's prayer?

8 comments:

  1. Debra -- I almost got tears in my eyes when you talked about your friendship with Sharon -- knowing what you must have gone through when your husband died made it clear God was sending you a friend to help you through that even before you needed her. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Janet--God is so good to give us what we need even before we realize we need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been great for the friendship of Christian authors. Since I met so many new authors in MN at the ACFW gathering in the MOA, I have been so blessed. It was like a mini-vacation for me to learn of your new books and meeting you.

    Good personal friends are rare and precious. Dr. James Dobson used to say that for a woman to have one or two intimate friends is doing good in today's society, especially when so many women work today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been great for the friendship of Christian authors. Since I met so many new authors in MN at the ACFW gathering in the MOA, I have been so blessed. It was like a mini-vacation for me to learn of your new books and meeting you.

    Good personal friends are rare and precious. Dr. James Dobson used to say that for a woman to have one or two intimate friends is doing good in today's society, especially when so many women work today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, what a sweet story!

    My husband is a pastor, and each time we've been moved, I've prayed to find at least one good friend. And God has been faithful! Here, at this church, I've found several!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debra, this story inspired me so much. Not only the awesomeness of God granting her prayer for a friend, but that he blessed both of you in doing so.

    And His provision in knowing exactly the kind of friend you'd need to help you through losing your husband.

    I'm really glad that distance hasn't lessened your friendship. That shows how absolutely devoted each of you are to the friendship and how God's hand is still in it.

    Hugs

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Carmen, I'm like you being in the midst of Christian authors is like a retreat to me. God has been so good in the writing friends He's given me too :)
    So glad you stopped by

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Cheryl you're right God knew just what both Sharon and I needed. He has been so faithful and good through my life.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive