Friday, March 20, 2009

Friendship's Many Blessings, by Carol Steward


Friends are precious, always there when you need them, and sometimes when you don't realize you do need them. They're there to hold you accountable, to laugh with you, to cry with you, and pray with you.

Writing is a very solitary job. For those whose full-time career is writing, the internet and online friendships have changed their lives. Suddenly, the world is much "smaller" than it was when I was a child.
My friends aren't right here in Colorado, they're in Canada, Holland, Australia, West Virgina, Pennsylvania, and almost every state in the USA.

Each of these friends bring a unique perspective to my life, and bless me in different ways. Without friends, writing would be a lonely and difficult career. When one of us struggles, all of us feel the pain and band together to lift one another up, just as God planned, in Ecclesiastes 4:10, If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up"

and in verse 12 –

"Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. "

Friends are all around me, at my day job, sharing my home, in my family, and as close as an email. In these times of higher demands to our time, resources and emotions, we all can use a friend to keep us grounded and keep us focused on His plan for us. Reach out and touch a friend today. Bless them, and bless yourself. For as you give, you shall receive.

I'll be traveling to see my friend and mother-in-law today, where I likely won't have internet, but I hope you will take time today to reach out and bless your friends.

Blessings to each of you, and Happy First Day of Spring! Carol Steward

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful message. I agree that I'm much more tuned into my friends due to the internet. It's faster for me to jot off a quick e-mail than to pick up the phone.
    By the way, I'm reading In His Sight (your April '08 LIS release) and it's so good, I don't want to put it down to work on my own book!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,
    I totally agree that the world seems like a smaller place because of the internet. Great post. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends are just wonderful to have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been amazed at the friends I've met on the internet and (without meeting them) have become friends. It's great. Thanks Carol for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great message!

    Friends are precious.

    Hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a couple of very close friends that I have know almost forever that I mostly talk to by way of internet because we live too far away to visit very often and it's too expensive to phone each other. And then there are people I've met on the internet who can be considered friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting thoughts. It is amazing how many people (especially authors) whom I have gotten to know because I've read their book and email them with my thoughts. It's been such fun!
    Sherry K
    love2stitch(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carol,

    You're so right! The Internet really has made the world smaller and has given us lots of opportunities for new friends!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  9. And, Sherry, we love to get those letters!! They're such a blessing!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive