Saturday, February 6, 2010

Heroine Interview from Hometown Promise


Interview with the heroine from Hometown Promise by Merrillee Whren:

1. Juliane, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

That is a hard question because I don’t think there is much that is interesting about me. I live a very mundane life in a small Ohio town. What is interesting about that? I guess if I have to think of something, maybe the fact that I restored a century-old house with the help of my uncle. I now live in that house.

2. What do you do for fun?

I love to sing. I sing in the church choir and with the church praise team. I have the lead female part in the program the church choir is doing for the Winter Festival that is held each year in Kellerville. My dad loves Karaoke, and we have a fun time singing together.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

Dealing with my dad. I dread having any kind of conversation with my dad about his drinking. We also don’t always see eye-to-eye on things regarding the family store. So those conversations are hard, too.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

I’m afraid that people will find out that my father has a drinking problem. My mom, my sister and I have been covering for him for years.

5. What do you want out of life?

I want a peaceful family life in which my dad isn’t drinking and my sister and I have resolved old differences. I want to make a success of our family’s store. I’d like to get married one day, but our little town isn’t exactly teeming with single men who aren’t related to me. So I plan to make the best of my single life.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

My relationship with God and my family. Even though I don’t always get along with my sister Elise, I love her.

7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read?

Most of my reading is either related to Bible study or business. My family runs a variety store in Kellerville. I try to keep up with the latest business trends and news. Every once in a while I have time to read a romance novel. That’s about as close as I get to any kind of love life.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I would like to lose a little weight.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

I have no pets.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

If I could go back in time, I think I would go back to the time to the early nineteenth century when my ancestors established our little town of Kellerville.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful interview. Thanks for sharing. I to think I would enjoy that period, all through I believe their lives where also hard.
    tarnn98[at]yahoo[dot[com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive