Sunday, February 21, 2010

Heroine Interview from Groom in Training


Interview with the heroine: Steph Wright – Groom in Training by Gail Gaymer Martin

1. Steph, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

I started my own doggie day care in my home. I love dogs and decided it was a way I could work and not have to go back to college for a degree. Although some of my neighbors weren’t thrilled, I stuck to it despite them and I did well. That’s one way to work and love it.

2. What do you do for fun?

I love the dogs. People can learn from animals. They’re so honest. When they love you, you know it, and when they don’t, you know that. People are different. I also enjoy the out of doors so I like to go for walks, and I enjoy my friends. Molly has been my best friend and we shop, go out to dinner, enjoy girl talk. Otherwise I’m probably more a homebody.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

Romance. I avoid getting involved and I suppose I’m so standoffish that the problem won’t occur. Molly is constantly pushing me to date. You know how other women are. They hate to see another woman without a mate. It seems to be in their genes.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

I suppose, talking about my feelings is the thing I dread most. I’ve dealt with some serious issues, and when people begin asking me about my past, I tend to withdraw. It’s difficult.

5. What do you want out of life?

Happiness is what I want most, but part of happiness is security. I haven’t had that. I’m not just talking about financial security, but security of being loved despite my failures and flaws.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

My doggie daycare and my border collie, Fred. He’s my companion and faithful friend. I can count on him to love me and he waits at the door, tail wagging, to greet me when I get home.

7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read?

I read a little. Magazines, mostly. I have subscriptions to some dog magazines and I’ve read a couple of books on dealing with suicide.
I rarely read fiction, but I do like a good suspense. That keeps me buried in the story and I forget the past.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

To feel vindicated from my difficult marriage. I’m a widow. My husband committed suicide and it’s been difficult to understand. I want to know what I could have done to help him. Now, if you ask my friend Molly, she would want me to be less blunt. I sometimes tell it like it is.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

Fred, my border collie, is more than a pet. He’s my pal. But a new neighbor moved in next store and has a dog that intrigues me. Dogs are faithful and honest as well as intelligent. I’ve learned a lot from Fred about human nature. I’ve recently met my new neighbor’s dog. She’s unique, a bouvier named Suzette. She looks like an amazing slate gray dust mop. I’ also met her owner’s brother, who’s much friendlier than the owner, by the way. He’s a good-looking guy who likes dogs too.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I’ve never given that thought. I’m so down-to-earth that traveling to another time or place is too fantasy for me. But if I think about it, I’d like to be back in time with a family like the Waltons and live in a small town where life is simpler. I could cozy up at night, knowing that I’m loved and secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive