Sunday, February 28, 2010

Heroine Interview from Heart of the Matter


Interview with the heroine: Amanda Bodine, heroine of Heart of the Matter by Marta Perry, Book 2 of the Bodine Family series, Love Inspired.

1. Amanda Bodine, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

My family! Honestly, when you’re part of a sprawling Southern clan like the Bodines of South Carolina, family is everything. They’re bossy and interfering and sometimes they drive me crazy, but I just love them to death, and I know they’d do anything for me.

2. What do you do for fun?

I love heading out to the family’s beach house on Sullivan’s Island to spend time with my grandmother, Miz Callie. She’s always had an open house for all the Bodine cousins and their friends, and it seems there’s always something going on. Usually connected with food! We’ll have a shrimp boil on the beach, play games, gather round the fire...there’s nothing like it.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

Confronting my boss. Honestly, Ross Lockhart is the bossiest man I ever met in my life. I usually get along with people, but he looks at me as if he’s convinced I’m the worst reporter in the world, and he insists on giving me the stupidest assignments.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

Letting down the people I love. And thunderstorms!

5. What do you want out of life?

I’d like to be successful as a reporter, writing pieces that get to the heart of what makes people tick. And someday, I’d like to get married and have babies and be as happy as my mamma and daddy are.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

Faith and family, no question.

7. Do you read?

If so, what is your favorite type of book to read? I don’t get much time to read, but when I do, I like to immerse myself in a rich historical drama.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I guess I’d like to be a little more able to stand up for myself. It’s funny, because my family would say I already to that, but mostly I find I can stand up for someone else easier than I can for myself.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

No, I don’t, unless you count all the sea turtles I help Miz Callie watch over out on the island.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I’d go back to the summer of 1942, right here on Sullivan’s Island, so I could find out the truth about my granddaddy’s brother’s disappearance. It means more than anything to Miz Callie to know what happened to him, and I’d give a lot to make her happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive