Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pepin, Wisconsin--What Famous American Was Born There?




 Hi Lyn Cote here!
My newest series, "Wilderness Brides" debuts this month with the release of Their Frontier Family, book one. I chose my home state Wisconsin because I think it's overlooked as a setting for homesteading prairie romances (though Their Frontier Family has elements of a Western too) and I chose Pepin because it sits on the Mississippi River so that means a lot of strangers coming
 and going
and BECAUSE A FAMOUS AMERICAN WAS BORN THERE! Who?
Here are some hints:
·         She's a well known person whose life was fictionalized.
·         Children all over the world read about her life.
·         Her story inspired a long-running popular TV series.
·         Her daughter also wrote and edited her stories.
·         Who is she?
If you've read my book, you already know. I'll give away a copy of Their Frontier Family to the first person who gives the right answer AND tells me the name of her daughter!
Also several other Love Inspired Historical Authors, to be specific:

·         Cheryl St.John http://www.cherylstjohn.net/

·         Valerie Hansen http://www.valeriehansen.com/

·         Janet Lee Barton www.janetleebarton.com  

·         Naomi Rawlings www.naomirawlings.com

·         Deborah Hale http://www.deborahhale.com

·         Victoria Bylin http://www.victoriabylin.com

·         Linda Ford  www.lindaford.org

·         Laurie Kingery LaurieKingery.com

    Cheryl Bolen www.CherylBolen.com

·         Eva Marie Hamilton www.evamariahamilton.com

·         Rhonda Gibson http://www.rhondagibson.net

·         Regina Scott http://www.reginascott.com

·         Janet Dean www.janetdean.net

·         Winnie Griggs www.winniegriggs.com 
    


contributed one or more recipes to something we started on the GoodReads LIH group discussion about old family recipes. If you'd like a copy, click any of the authors listed and they'll gladly email you a PDF copy of the booklet! Some of the recipes: 

Datch
Daffy Cakes
Dick Brown's Crabby Dip
Momma's Cracker Pudding!

This is our gift to you for the holidays! So who's the famous American & her daughter and who wants a free recipe booklet?--Lyn



17 comments:

  1. Well, you have me stumped. I could easily google it, but that wouldn't be fair. I have to admit that I am not up on American Literature. I'll have to pop back to find out!
    BTW, I love trivia. Kudos for getting my brain kickstarted this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it Laura Ingalls Wilder and her daughter also a an author is named Rose Wilder Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Carissa. I didn't Google so I'm trying to remember if the first in the series was Little House in the Big Wood. Was it Carissa? I need to reread them. I love them and later I loved the Grandmother Attic series which was similar but set a little bit later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carissa wins! But everyone can email an author for a copy of the recipe booklet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I just got in from exercise class at the Y ~ I too was born in Wisconsin and actually have Rose's books on my bookshelf. So the Pepin WI author is Laura Ingalls Wilder and her author daughter Rose Wilder Lane, Young Pioneers; Old Hometown; Let the Hurricane Roar.

    Words From a Fearless Heart is a great collection of Laura's point of view of what really matters.
    Kathleen ~ Lane Hill House
    lanehillhouse[at]centurylink[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I figured it was already revealed :)
    Fun.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to mention, I would like a copy of your wonderful recipes!
    Kathleen ~ Lane Hill House
    lanehillhouse[at]centurylink[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just happy I knew the answer and have the book on my Kindle now!

    Peace, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew the answer but I did see it mentioned somewhere else.
    I love the Little house books and also a few of the older ones like the one about Laura going to the world fair bit forget where that was.
    I still have some of the books I got as a teen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My initial "guess" was Laura Ingalls Wilder. I think I had read it somewhere before. Yes, Wisconsin does need more "fiction" attention. I'm just across the "pond" in Michigan, and have been discovering some excellent books based in Michigan recently.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PamelaTracy,

    Yes Little House in the Big Woods is the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be sending Carissa her copy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pepin was the home of my mother-in-law and, of course, Laura Ingalls Wilder. I have never had the chance to visit the town, but my husband spent time many summers there visiting his grandparents. His uncle owned the Pharmacy in town and it was near the train and Lake Pepin. A lovely place so I'm told.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The recipe booklet sounds wonderful, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive