Sunday, November 25, 2012

Somewhere to Call Home Interview


How exciting to have Michael Heaton the hero from Somewhere to Call Home written by  Janet Lee Barton a November 2012 release from Love Inspired Historical .

1.  Michael, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I own my own detective agency. I started it to try to help other families find missing loved ones after my sister disappeared.
2.  What do you do for fun?
I haven't had much fun--at least not until Violet Heaton came to stay at Heaton House. She was a neighbor of ours in Virginia, but her mother passed away and she found the bank holds the mortgage on her family home. She came here to find work to pay it off and I'm enjoying having her around a great deal.
3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
I put off telling my mother that I don't think we'll ever find my sister. With the boarding house she's made it her life's work for give young women coming to live in the city a safe haven, a home away from home.
4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
I've always been afraid we'll never find my sister, but now that I know Harland Black, the banker who holds Violet's homes mortgage, really wants her and has become obsessive about finding her, I'm worry about keeping her safe.
5.  What do you want out of life?
I've always wanted to start a family of my own, but after my broken engagement, I'm not sure any woman would be willing to put up with my highest priority which is to find my sister--or it has been. I've come to believe that might not be possible in this city. 
6.  What is the most important thing to you? My faith is the most important thing. Without the Lord in our lives I'm not sure how my mother and I would have dealt with my sister's disappearance.
7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I'd get rid of my fear of rejection and persue Violet Burton. She's come to mean a lot to me.  I don't want to see her go back to Virginia.
8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I don't have a pet now. I did when I was young. Had a dog named Duke. Maybe I'll have another one day, if I ever have a wife and children . . .
9. Can you tell us a little interesting tidbit about the time period you live in?
It's an exciting time to live in. And New York City is an exciting city. But it has its problems. There's been a lot of corruption in the police department, but I'm hopeful that with our new police commissioner, Theodore Roosevelt, the department will finally be cleaned up!

4 comments:

  1. Great story, Janet! You made me feel as if I was actually in New York City in the late 1800s. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great story, Janet! Looking forward to reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute interview, Janet! I am enjoying this book so far!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive