Friday, November 23, 2012

Ask Elnora--About the Days of the Week?? Lenora Worth

Okay, so it's Black Friday and you're probably all out shopping away. Yesterday, which I will now call Thrifty Thursday, I did something I never thought I'd do. I went with Big Daddy to stand in line at Wal-Mart to buy an I-Pad. It was a good deal with a $75.00 gift card included. But chaos was involved. Lots of chaos. To avoid the unpleasantness of standing in line and comparing notes with other standing in line people, Elnora left Big D to continue on with his quest and took a stroll to the women's department. I found a cute dress, two cute Christmas t-shirts. (One stated "I'm Santa's Favorite.) I really liked that one. And some pjs with little hearts on them. I was away from the doubt and confusion of a long line and a voucher if they ran out of I-Pads. Big D kept me posted as to his success and whereabouts and after some crazy stress-filled moments in the garden department (don't ask) we left with a receipt to go online and order our I-Pad. So that got me to thinking--today has become know as Black Friday. I thought why not just go ahead and name all the days of the week and be done with it. How about Moody Monday--can I get an Amen on that one? Or Terrific Tuesday because NCIS comes on TV that night! And then there is Wacky Wednesday because we all know that something will go wacky on Wednesday just because we are on the downhill race to the weekend. Then we have Thrifty Thursday where hundreds of people in their sweatpants stand in lines at Wal-Mart to be able to boast about what a great bargain they got! And then we're back to Black Friday--the bestest day of the week--work wise. Next to Bright Saturday, a day brilliant with possiblilites and open-ended hours. But we finally come to Blessed Sunday, where we can at least sit for an hour and bask in the Word and get refreshed for the week to come. I like Blessed Sunday and how it seems to always come right before Moody Monday. What's your favorite day of the week? And what is the craziest Shopping Experience you've ever had? Let's discuss. In- between bargains, of course! div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;">

8 comments:

  1. You're much braver than I, although I will admit that I'm planning to venture out to our local Staples today, Black Friday, because I'm out of printer ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a black day--with no ink. I wish you success!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenora, I love your names for each day. I didn't do any Thursday shopping, but I was out to Home Depot with hubby this morning to return a ceiling fan and came across 99 cent poinsettias. So I bought 10 and gave 3 to my daughter and found places for all the rest at my house. I have two little niches on either side of my front door that are perfect for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lenora, I love your names for each day. I didn't do any Thursday shopping, but I was out to Home Depot with hubby this morning to return a ceiling fan and came across 99 cent poinsettias. So I bought 10 and gave 3 to my daughter and found places for all the rest at my house. I have two little niches on either side of my front door that are perfect for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenora, I love your names for each day. I didn't do any Thursday shopping, but I was out to Home Depot with hubby this morning to return a ceiling fan and came across 99 cent poinsettias. So I bought 10 and gave 3 to my daughter and found places for all the rest at my house. I have two little niches on either side of my front door that are perfect for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did go out on thursday late afternoon and walmart was not too crowded -lot of parking spaces. I just need couple items and had coupons expiring.
    love the names of the week Lenora-cute post.
    Today I have my oven doing its auto-clean and getting ready for restful weekend -maybe some more reading.

    Paula O(kyflo130@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was out today doing an early Small Business Saturday on Black Friday.

    I used to get up at 4AM but we do so much on-line purchasing now, it just isn't worth it.

    But I have made my small business owners happy today. And got great discounts from them as well.

    I love Monday when I can do the laundry and the house is quiet.

    Peace and blessings to you all, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You all have done a great job whether you shopped or stayed home. We went out for a few hours and found a few stocking items. Elnora got a new pair of boots!! We seem to be doing more online shopping this year.
    Merrillee, I love poinsettias. I try to keep them all year. So tomorrow is Bright Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive