Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Hope Springs Christmas Interview


How exciting to have Sarah Wyse, the heroine from A HOPE SPRINGS CHRISTMAS written by Patricia Davids, a Dec 2012 release from Love Inspired Romance.

1.  Sarah, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

I expect people will think it's interesting that I'm Amish. I'm also a widow from a small, but wonderful, town in Ohio called Hope Springs. I work in the fabric shop, or at least I did, until recently.

2.  What do you do for fun?

Many things. The Amish know how to work, but they know how to have old-fashioned fun, too. I enjoy quilting, and I especially love quilting bees. It's wonderful to do something I love with my friends.

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?

I put off facing Christmas for as long as possible. I lost my husband on Christmas Eve; I learned my twin sister had been killed only a few days after Christmas, my parents both died during the holiday season. It seems that every year Christmas brings me sorrow instead of joy.

4.  What are you afraid of most in life?

That I'll must face the rest of my life alone. It will be hard, but not as hard as watching someone else I love die before me.

5.  What is the most important thing to you?

Faith in God. Love of neighbor. Caring for others. These are all things that are important to me.

6.  Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?

I should not say so, but I do like to read an Amish romance novel once in a while, however, I read my Bible every day.

7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

That's a hard question. We often can't see our own faults. Perhaps I would be kinder to others, especially my neighbor, Levi.

8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

No pets for me. My next-door neighbors, Levi Beachy, his sister Grace and his twin teenage brothers, Atlee and Moses, provide me with all the entertainment, humor and trouble I can handle. You never know what those boys will be up to next. Such pranksters. Poor Levi. He sure could use a hand with them. They need a woman's firm touch. In fact, Levi needs a wife and I plan to find one for him.

9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I think I would go back to my childhood. Everything seemed so simple and happy then. Ah, but things must change and we all have to grow up, don't we?  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Patricia:

    This is a very good interview. I just downloaded the book and I am moving it up my TBR list to get read by Christmas. We have Amish that live not too far from us here in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I always enjoy your books. Even your interview seems warmer and more inviting. Merry Christmas.

    Vince

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive