Sunday, December 9, 2012

Snowflake Sweethearts Interview




How exciting to have Annie Romano the heroine from Snowflake Sweethearts written by Carrie Turansky, a December 2012 release from Love Inspired Romance.

1. Annie, tell me one of the most interesting thing about you.
I love to cook for friends and family, and that’s one reason I decided to become a personal chef and start my own business in Fairhaven, Washington. Experimenting with new recipes and serving a special meal to friends brings me a lot of joy.

2.  What do you do for fun?
I enjoy spending time with my six-year-old daughter Emma. We like reading aloud in front of the fire, baking cookies, and taking walks to the park. Recently I’ve been learning to ice skate. That’s been a fun adventure, because I’m not too athletic, but the special man in my life, Alex Jameson, has been teaching me, and that makes it fun. I can’t wait to try it again with Emma.

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Balancing my checkbook and working on taxes rank up there right next to having a headache and stomach flu. I do not have a head for numbers, so I am very thankful to share that side of the bakery business with Alex.

4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
I’m afraid that I may not be able to give my daughter the safe and happy childhood that she deserves. Being a single mother is often challenging and I’m tempted to worry about the future. I’m thankful that I’m learning more about trusting God and opening my heart and life to others so they can become the family and friends that we need.

5.  What is the most important thing to you?
Taking care of Emma and making sure she has everything she needs emotionally, physically, and spiritually is very important to me. Being her mom is a blessing, but some days I feel like I might not have what it takes to be a good mother. But since I’ve been staying with Irene, she has really boosted my confidence and been like mom to me and a grandma to Emma. I am very thankful for Irene’s friendship and encouragement.
 
6.  Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
Oh, yes! I love to read cookbooks and also inspirational historical romance.

7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Sometimes I wish that my family situation growing up could have been different. My father left my mom and me when I was young, and that has always been a painful reality for me. But that longing for a father was one of the reasons I became a believer in Jesus when I was in college. Knowing my Heavenly Father loves me has been a balm to my heart and met some of my deepest needs.

8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
Emma and I would love to have a pet. I hope when we get our own home we will adopt a cat or dog that needs a home and a lot of love. That would be fun for Emma and help her learn more about responsibility.  

9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I’d love to travel back in time and meet my grandparents and other family members in Italy. I’ve heard so many wonderful stories about them, and I wish I’d had a chance to get to know them. Maybe I’d learn some secret family recipes I could use at the new Jameson’s Bakery CafĂ© too!


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I like the name of your cafe! My son's name is Jameson and I don't hear that very often! Your book sounds very good!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive